PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how the hood release lever bolts into the dash. Picture please?

Ted86Accord
02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
{{ A rambling, the actual question is below if you would like to skip this....

Hi, I'm Ted and I'm fully aware that the following question is retarded. Here's the story. My hood release first failed about two years ago. At first, I would merely lean on the hood, jiggle it up and down, sometimes sit on it, and pull the hood release a couple times and it would work, all the while somehow neglecting to think of greasing the latch. So, eventually that stops working and I rip off the plastic hood release lever and begin carrying a fat pair of vice grips around to yank on the cable manually every time I need to pop the hood, which sadly was often enough from neglecting oil, p/s troubles, carb, etc. Anyway, eventually I got the great idea to replace the entire cable, which sucked major balls. You have to partially remove the front bumper, the driver side wheel well (which have shittastic PLASTIC clips/screws holding (over half the philips fitting stripped out and the other cross threaded)), and shove it through the dash (of which I first took the whole dash off for, because I'm a dumbass) anyway, its all back together, mostly, now, but, and here's the true retarded part/question of this entire retarded post is, I forgot how in the shit the hood release bracket and lever go into the dash. I line up the bolt hole on the bottom of the bracket with the bolt hole in the dash but then the mechanism is obviously not in right.
}}:violin:

Essentially, if someone would be so kind as to take a picture of their hood release lever in the dash of their 3rd gen, I think they're all the same, I have a 86 Accord LX, that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Ted

PS. Love the board, and have gotten tons of great info from here. Thanks all!

Ted86Accord
02-09-2007, 10:26 AM
PSS. I searched the forums, shop manuals, and Chilton's first. Somehow, the entire hood release cable is completely neglected. I guess it's supposed to be self evident. What can I say? I grew up with Lego's.