PDA

View Full Version : where do i get a mega squirt?

hotdoghogie
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
i have searched... i dunt even know if its a thing u can get from autozone or if its fuel managment off another car!?

newaccorddriver
02-06-2007, 11:19 PM
www.diyautotune.com

their great to deal with. bought my MS1 2.2 from them along with my stimulator. planning to order everything else from them soon

mkymonkey
02-06-2007, 11:23 PM
where do you get a mega squirt huh...

well you can try playboy and a lil bit of lotion.....hold it for an hour....then release. mega squirt :D

forrest89sei
02-06-2007, 11:27 PM

well you can try playboy and a lil bit of lotion.....hold it for an hour....then release. mega squirt :D

ROFL!!!!!!!!

cubert
02-07-2007, 04:58 AM

:lol:

shepherd79
02-07-2007, 05:40 AM
i have searched... i dunt even know if its a thing u can get from autozone or if its fuel managment off another car!?
are you going to know what do to with it?
it is a lot of work.
if you are going to get it just to control your injectors, you will be waisting your time. you may as well stick with stock ECU.
if you want the one that controls injectors and spark, well you may as well convert to OBD1. it does the same thing and it is a lot easier when it comes to tunning.
I don't know anyone who uses megasquirt for tunning.

hotdoghogie
02-07-2007, 01:36 PM
then why is everyone so big on megasquirt?

does it add alot of hp?

Mkmonkey... i dont need playboy... about 5 min with Mrs. Mkmonkey will do the trick

mkymonkey
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
no mrs sorry bud.

POS carb
02-07-2007, 01:41 PM
jeez

go to megasquirt website... it has a list of "authorized dealers"
it's basically an ECU, you adapt it to run whatever car you want.
they sell them on ebay already assembled.
the newer versions cost more.

newaccorddriver
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't know anyone who uses megasquirt for tunning.

come this summer, hopefully youll know atleast one person that uses it:naughty:

shepherd79
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
then why is everyone so big on megasquirt?
does it add alot of hp?
Mkmonkey... i dont need playboy... about 5 min with Mrs. Mkmonkey will do the trick
the reason everyone talks about it bacause it is cheap.
So far no one got it running on our engines. A few people working on it, so we should have some results very soon.

in your situation, you need to sell the car and get something that doesn't require a lot of custom work.

hotdoghogie
02-07-2007, 07:44 PM
why does everybody dawg on me telling me to get another fucking car... seriously im fucking sick of it... just cuz im young doesnt mean i dont know wtf im going... im fairly new at this shit.... so all of u need to fuckin leave me alone... for real this is a forum... so shit i didnt ask for your damn oppinion on weather i should keep my car now did i... i dont dawg on u guys...

seriously... lay off

hotdoghogie
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
in your situation, you need to sell the car and get something that doesn't require a lot of custom work.

ok tell me... whats my situation buddy

MessyHonda
02-07-2007, 07:47 PM
ok tell me... whats my situation buddy

you want very cheap performance...NOTHING WILL JUST BOLT UP...sometimes you need to use your head and make it fit....in your case....you wanted to total your car to get another one...so yeah go ahead...sell it and buy a civic you ricer:bandance:

hotdoghogie
02-07-2007, 07:55 PM
where did u get i'm looking 4 cheap performence... i make 6$ an hour and work 25hrs every 2 weeks...

skrew civics... if i wanted to fit in i woulda gotten one...

u all get the wrong ideas... im evaluating all the cheap performance stuff until i get another job...

but its kewl... i dont reely care for this forum... i have rjugdy's e-mail...

any ways it was forseriously kewl talkin to u guys while it lasted... u guys helped alot... and some of u just whined your asses off and talked ppl down... i kinda almost appreciate that to cuz u pointed out what cant be done... thats how russians got to space huh!? and how chuck Yeager was the first to break the sound barrier... rjudgy is almost their with a 3gee...

anyways ya it was kewl knowen half of you all but idc reely anymore

i might post pics and track times to show u guys how far i get on my gee... thats bout it

forrest89sei
02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
you want very cheap performance...NOTHING WILL JUST BOLT UP...sometimes you need to use your head and make it fit....in your case....you wanted to total your car to get another one...so yeah go ahead...sell it and buy a civic you ricer:bandance:

Good Luck!

bobafett
02-07-2007, 07:58 PM
look there is a lot of work involved in modifying an 86-89 accord. the most you can do is intake exhaust and headers, pretty much beyond that (performance wise) you get into engine internals and wild tuning solutions.

megasquirt is an ECU that YOU BUILD YOUR SELF! LITERALLY. YOU SOLDER THE COMPONENTS TOGETHER. it is not for the faint of heart. you can buy them preassembled and ready to go, but MS itself isn't sold that way, you just buy from people who professionally build them.

your situation is you just need to slow down for a second and focus on one plan, spend 6 months researching it, and decide if it is right for you. if not, then think about WHY NOT? (is it too much custom work, too expensive, not enough gain from the car?) and then figure out what suites your needs best.

your age doesnt matter, your experience doesnt really even matter, but your attitude matters, and your willingness to do a little research on your own matters (this forum has so much knowledge sitting around).

its not like turboing a 3g accord is an everyday affair. there are probably less than 20 people in the WORLD who have done it. probably only 10 or so that we know about on this forum. it is not something you can do just by hitting up ebay (unless you buy the kit justin made from scratch for the 3g).

seriously I have been researching turboing my car for like 4 years. its still not turboed, and i still learn new things, from this forum on a regular basis. sometimes even by going through my old questions, and rereading responses, now that i have a better understanding of it all.

the reason you shouldnt have a MS ecu, is cause you havent shown any wilingness to research and you expect stuff to be easy (or so it seems from your posts). ms is for hardcore tinkerers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and mess with wiring and sensor calibration etc....

for every question you may have 30 people on this forum alone have asked it. but if you just buckle down for a couple months and think hard about what you want to do with the car, i guarantee it will be an eye opener.

it is not cheap to mod a 3g
it is not easy to mod a 3g
you usually get low yields for your effort when modding a 3g

keep that in mind, its not like a civic where you can buy a chipped ecu with a turbo map, and a $1000 ebay turbo kit, and boost your car in one afternoon. :)

forrest89sei
02-07-2007, 08:02 PM
look there is a lot of work involved in modifying an 86-89 accord. the most you can do is intake exhaust and headers, pretty much beyond that (performance wise) you get into engine internals and wild tuning solutions.

megasquirt is an ECU that YOU BUILD YOUR SELF! LITERALLY. YOU SOLDER THE COMPONENTS TOGETHER. it is not for the faint of heart. you can buy them preassembled and ready to go, but MS itself isn't sold that way, you just buy from people who professionally build them.

your situation is you just need to slow down for a second and focus on one plan, spend 6 months researching it, and decide if it is right for you. if not, then think about WHY NOT? (is it too much custom work, too expensive, not enough gain from the car?) and then figure out what suites your needs best.

your age doesnt matter, your experience doesnt really even matter, but your attitude matters, and your willingness to do a little research on your own matters (this forum has so much knowledge sitting around).

its not like turboing a 3g accord is an everyday affair. there are probably less than 20 people in the WORLD who have done it. probably only 10 or so that we know about on this forum. it is not something you can do just by hitting up ebay (unless you buy the kit justin made from scratch for the 3g).

seriously I have been researching turboing my car for like 4 years. its still not turboed, and i still learn new things, from this forum on a regular basis. sometimes even by going through my old questions, and rereading responses, now that i have a better understanding of it all.

the reason you shouldnt have a MS ecu, is cause you havent shown any wilingness to research and you expect stuff to be easy (or so it seems from your posts). ms is for hardcore tinkerers who are not afraid to get their hands dirty and mess with wiring and sensor calibration etc....

for every question you may have 30 people on this forum alone have asked it. but if you just buckle down for a couple months and think hard about what you want to do with the car, i guarantee it will be an eye opener.

it is not cheap to mod a 3g
it is not easy to mod a 3g
you usually get low yields for your effort when modding a 3g

keep that in mind, its not like a civic where you can buy a chipped ecu with a turbo map, and a $1000 ebay turbo kit, and boost your car in one afternoon. :)

:thumbup: Brother!

bobafett
02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.zeebuck.com/bimmers/tech/Megasquirt/preparation.html

here is an idea of what you will be in for when installing a megasquirt system. :)

MessyHonda
02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Brother from another Mother

chris FTMFW....

88Accord-DX
02-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Closest thing I seen is the EDIS mode, that could work with a custom cut flywheel notched 36 holes on the back with the crank sensor mounted in there to read it. Of corse some other goodies needed too. Here is pretty good link I was looking at a while back.

http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/select.html#msns

cubert
02-08-2007, 04:37 AM

dont be jealous just because we have aftermarket support... :kekeke:

LiTtLe xOx BitT
02-08-2007, 05:49 AM
Damn everything i just typed got erased. Basically what i was saying is that if your looking for performance mods then start with the basic bolt-ons. Once you do the basics then look into custom stuff, start off small. I have been on here researching since early 2004 and just trying to turbo my car, it takes countless hours or research to do major mods. It also takes a lot of money, but i think its worth it. I will have like 1 of probably 3-5 turboed 3geez on the eastcoast i think that its worth the time and money to be able to say that. If you want cheap performance then you have the wrong car, but if you want something you can call one of a kind then stay with the accord.

shepherd79
02-08-2007, 06:39 AM
where did u get i'm looking 4 cheap performence... i make 6$ an hour and work 25hrs every 2 weeks...
u all get the wrong ideas... im evaluating all the cheap performance stuff until i get another job...
any ways it was forseriously kewl talkin to u guys while it lasted... u guys helped alot... and some of u just whined your asses off and talked ppl down... i kinda almost appreciate that to cuz u pointed out what cant be done... thats how russians got to space huh!? and how chuck Yeager was the first to break the sound barrier... rjudgy is almost their with a 3gee...
i might post pics and track times to show u guys how far i get on my gee... thats bout it

$6 ? LOL, you need a better paying job. that is not even min wage around here.
as far as i can see you want everything to be expalined to you, available as bolt on, and dirt cheap.
our cars aren't for people who is looking for cheap performance bolt ons. people spend thousands of dollars to get their cars to where they can compete against B series engines.

If i remember correctly, the first time you came here you said it yourself that you hated that car and you wanted to trade it for better one.
so if you want a car that has a lof ot aftermarket bolt on section, you may want to get another car. But if you want to stay with your accord you better start searching and learning on your own.

MessyHonda
02-08-2007, 10:29 AM
dont be jealous just because we have aftermarket support... :kekeke:

im not cuz the 1.6 is slow till you swap a b or an h

Civic Accord Honda
02-08-2007, 10:35 AM

:sadwave::crying:

cubert
02-08-2007, 11:19 AM
im not cuz the 1.6 is slow till you swap a b or an h

http://turbod16.com/viewtopic.php?t=4140

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52009

damn...those cars must be slow as shit. :rolleyes:

only 152 whp on an all motor build....and jeez, 500+ on boost...

MessyHonda
02-08-2007, 11:29 AM
thats cuz they have aftermarket.....it might be like 200 whp on a stock engine

cubert
02-08-2007, 11:35 AM
hey..all you said was the d is slow..and you need a b or h to go fast....

if you look at the boost thread theres one car there with stock internals making 302whp....the D isnt as inferior as everyone makes it out to be....

MessyHonda
02-08-2007, 11:41 AM
hey..all you said was the d is slow..and you need a b or h to go fast....
if you look at the boost thread theres one car there with stock internals making 302whp....the D isnt as inferior as everyone makes it out to be....

its not strong tho....look at derek and adam....both when to the civic sceean with turboed D series...both have problems now...derek is rebuilding his and adam....idk cuz he is not here too much

Cheeseburger
02-08-2007, 11:45 AM
http://board.accordtuner.com/images/smilies/sleep2-1.gif

cubert
02-08-2007, 11:48 AM
its not strong tho....look at derek and adam....both when to the civic sceean with turboed D series...both have problems now...derek is rebuilding his and adam....idk cuz he is not here too much

thats two people out of how may though? if the setup was slapped together and tuned like shit...then yea..its gonna blow.

MessyHonda
02-08-2007, 11:52 AM
ok then why are you here? its cuz you love us right?....lots of cocky ppl on the other forums...hehe

hotdoghogie
11-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Haha, so I literally haven't posted on this forum for the past 5 years. Must say I'm disgust with myself, I was one special kid. The only reason I'm posting is that I find it tragically ironic that my current drift car is an ae85 w/ a bigport 4ag running twin webers and yeah you guessed it MSII. I just had to post this, I probably wont ever reply to your posts but I sure do miss this forum. Sorry didn't mean to bring up the dead, carry on. :P

2ndGenGuy
11-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Megasquirt and Webers? MS just for the spark?

bryan6732
11-10-2011, 12:20 AM

Lol I didn't even notice when reading over it! :D

cygnus x-1
11-10-2011, 08:59 AM

Either that or he could be using the Webers as just throttle plates, with the injectors in the manifold. It would be a bit unusual though so probably just using MS2 for spark.

C|

POS carb
11-10-2011, 03:19 PM
LOL wow gravedigging the forum :)
I did a megasquirt on an 89 mustang recently.
347 forged stroker kit
Trick Flow top end kit
90 mm tb
40lb injectors
90 mm MAF
msd distributor and 6al
adjustable FPR
long tube headers and full exhaust
T56 6-speed.
The stock ecu couldn't handle it. it ran, but I knew there was more to gain. )It made 290 to the wheels after playing with the plugs and fuel pressure. The idle would hunt up and down all the time.
I installed a built megasquirt 2.0 from DIY autotune and assembled an EEC-IV adaper board.
After a few months of tuning and figuring out the program I got it to 346 whp and 399 tq with the same parts.
It was a huge pain in the ass to tune. I had to make spark maps and fuel maps from scratch, figure out the idle control, control the fans, calibrate it to work with the Ford sensors
It was fun, but if I had to do it again I'd get a massflow kit instead

cygnus x-1
11-11-2011, 05:13 PM
LOL wow gravedigging the forum :)
I did a megasquirt on an 89 mustang recently.
347 forged stroker kit
Trick Flow top end kit
90 mm tb
40lb injectors
90 mm MAF
msd distributor and 6al
adjustable FPR
long tube headers and full exhaust
T56 6-speed.
The stock ecu couldn't handle it. it ran, but I knew there was more to gain. )It made 290 to the wheels after playing with the plugs and fuel pressure. The idle would hunt up and down all the time.
I installed a built megasquirt 2.0 from DIY autotune and assembled an EEC-IV adaper board.
After a few months of tuning and figuring out the program I got it to 346 whp and 399 tq with the same parts.
It was a huge pain in the ass to tune. I had to make spark maps and fuel maps from scratch, figure out the idle control, control the fans, calibrate it to work with the Ford sensors
It was fun, but if I had to do it again I'd get a massflow kit instead

Now that you've done one MS setup though, I bet you could do another one in less than half the time. This is the tradeoff with MS. You get a relatively inexpensive VERY flexible EMS, but you have to do more legwork to tailor it to your specific vehicle. The learning curve is (I suspect) a lot steeper than most people anticipate. However when you're done you WILL have a better understanding of how fuel injection systems work.

Incidentally, MS does support MAF fueling. I don't know much about it but I hear that it's much simpler to tune than MAP fueling. I would try it except that MAF won't work with ITBs.

C|

hondalove
11-21-2011, 10:14 AM
just for the record. d series do have a LOAD of potential look up bisimotos civic wagon on google. can anyone say 724HP!!!!!!! now yes is does use aLOT of boost to get there but its street legal too.