PDA

View Full Version : Bouncy Idle...?

A20A3quippedbeast
02-08-2007, 06:09 AM
Well, my car broke down on monday..it sucks, because that day, we had a blizzard, and i think the radiator took a shit on me..my dad has another one coming. But I have another problem, when i started my car that morning and let it warm up, I noticed it was idling at ~2,500+ rpm :wtf: ! i was like holy shit! I didn't think it was a big deal, but then the Idle picked up to 3 grand and I was like " :rant: " yeah. After i started driving and pulled out onto the street, the Idle bounced between like 1800 and 2000 rpm. it wasn't rough, i just saw the tach and heard the engine's revs fluctuating. My father, who I get a lot of my 3g advice from, and who maintains the car with my help, thinks it's a deal with the PGM-FI. Does anybody know what is going on?

Thanks

Moncef

azazel_18_2
02-08-2007, 06:38 AM
First off is it throwing any codes? If not check all your vacuum lines. Mine did this for a few years until I finally broke down and bought a new Fast Idle Air Control Valve. You can get one anywhere for under $100. If you watch ebay sometimes you can get lucky and score a honda one for cheap. Mine always idles high and alot of the times it would idle up then down, up then down. It was enough to drive you nuts. Let us know. Some people say you can adjust the fast idle air control valve and you may try that but it didn't help my cause. I just replaced it.

shepherd79
02-08-2007, 06:42 AM
well since your radiator gave out. you probably have a lot coolant level or major air buble. the fast idle valve probably not getting coolant that is why it is reving so high.
check the coolant level and make sure you are not getting any codes or have any vacuum leaks.

MessyHonda
02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
yeah use 50/50 coolant and blead the air out by the thermostat housing

cdm18911
03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah same thing happened to me, your low on coolant

your car is "surging"