PDA

View Full Version : vaccum lines

franks89sir
09-05-2002, 06:27 PM
ok im not sure what vaccum lines are and where they are located on the car so i f someone could tell me what it does and where they are located

DanG86LX
09-05-2002, 09:30 PM
Could u elaborate a bit ur problem?

smufguy
09-05-2002, 09:31 PM
i am guessing ur not kidding. well anywayz. all vaccum lines are under ur hood. open em up and u see all the thin grey tubes coming from the left hand side black box? that black box is called vaccum control box which is part of ur exmission control and u see all the other small thin numbered grey hoses on ur intake manifold near and behind ur fuel rail? they are all ur precious, fucking vaccum lines. they are a bitch to find a leak in.

the vaccum lines control different parts of ur car as in the diaphram in ur distributor is controled by ur vaccum. ur pwr steering is controlled by vaccum, ur brakes are controlled by vaccum, ur fuel return to the charcoal canister is controlled by vaccum. and basically what they do is, they control and maintain pressure on ur system newer cars dont have em. so dont worry. Only the 4g was the last car to have em i guess. and i am tlaking about the accords.

franks89sir
09-06-2002, 12:49 PM
thanx for the description man

smufguy
09-08-2002, 01:51 PM
not a problem dude. check out paul (aerodeckuk) website. he got a shop manual for everyone to see and download for not a penny.

accord86
07-02-2003, 07:00 PM
OK MY PROBLEM IS When i push the clutch in and pess the brake i lose RPM's and sumtymes my car stalls out........whats the problem