PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning fuse

Steve_Si
02-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Can someone tell me the general location of the air conditioning fuse? All the fuses in my car are labeled in Japanese so it's kinda hard to tell. The air never gets cold and the radiator fans never start.

Ah the joy of having an old car, I can actually try and fix it myself :D

shepherd79
02-09-2007, 06:39 AM
why not try to check all the fuses. sometimes you can find more than one burned out.

Mac
02-09-2007, 09:42 AM
It might be low on freon. There is a pressure switch near the receiver dryer. If you unplug the connector and jumper out the 2 contacts, turn the key on and see if the fans come on.

If the fans come on then the freon is low.

Steve_Si
02-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Actually it seems the fans never come on no matter what, same with the compressor. First up I better get them working to control the engine temperature.

I've downloaded the shop manual for the USDM models which gives instructions on how to troubleshoot it all, hopefully my car is similar enough to the USDM models.

LX-incredible
02-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Test your fan motors, it's easy.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57926 Post #17

Steve_Si
02-10-2007, 12:19 PM
The fans themselves work, as far as I can tell my thermosensor is faulty. When I unplug it and short the pins both fans come on all the time. A new one is arriving in a couple of days. Once that problem is sorted I'll get to work on the air conditioning.

Steve_Si
02-13-2007, 05:55 PM
New thermosensor got the fans going again :D Can't get on to the air conditioning until i've got the heater fan blowing properly /looks at OD :hsugh: