PDA

View Full Version : justins bar kit?

89T
02-09-2007, 06:21 AM
any one have any issues with unusial vibrations with that stuff?
what about ground clearance, and ease of instillation?
any issues with them not being adjustible?
how muh did you pay for them?

mkymonkey
02-09-2007, 08:54 AM
well we paid 210 for the full set

the front brace is hard to install....at least it was for me. the two lower rear braces arent that easy either. well one is (the one that goes under) for me the one that faces the back of the car is hard because it wont fit under that jack bump. the front upper strut bar wasnt easy for me either. it needed a bit of force and love to get in there, but it is in there and fucking tight i might add. the rear one (i got one of the first ones he ever made) doesnt fit at all...its too short.

really im more happy with the front upper than the rest. i have no problem with the front under brace because im only lowered 1" but im sure it would probably scrape on some speed bumps and steep curb ramps. and as some of us have already mentioned....the welds could have been cleaner :sad2:

teck
02-09-2007, 09:07 AM
interested in the upper strut bar myself

Pico
02-09-2007, 09:08 AM
It may be just me but I picked up a little more vibration after I installed the front upper strut mount, but It did make a difference IMO on the way my car handles

mkymonkey
02-09-2007, 10:06 AM
yeah everything made a difference with me too, and for the price i dont mind the welds. really IMO we just paid for the time he took to measure everything out, and make the bars. the welds, if they break, can be re done...well at least with me, since my neighbor here is a welder he wouldnt charge me much at all to redo them. i havent noticed any vibration though. i like the fact that i can take corners at 90mph instead of the 60 i did before though :D

like i said, all in all im happy with them, plus i like the fact that when i open my hood people look at it and go....damn is that a DC modded to fit? im like no...custom homes! hahaha that alone is worth the price lol

MessyHonda
02-09-2007, 10:14 AM
well i put in my tokicos and upper sturt bars in the same day....so i could not tell if the tokicos or the sturt bars are doing all the work....but it does make a nice diference.....the upper rear was a bit of a pain since you can only use open wrenches as a socket does not fit.

Hash_man_Se_i
02-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Haven't had a chance to install mine yet... but like mentioned above quality was not the best... and I had to pay an extra $65 CDN on top of the price of the bars because justin thought it would be nice to not listen to me and ship via ups...

I'd say that pissed me off a lot more than the quality of the welds.

MessyHonda
02-10-2007, 04:20 AM
sucks hash....ups is not bad for in the states tho

89T
02-10-2007, 07:49 AM
well we paid 210 for the full set

the front brace is hard to install....at least it was for me. the two lower rear braces arent that easy either. well one is (the one that goes under) for me the one that faces the back of the car is hard because it wont fit under that jack bump. the front upper strut bar wasnt easy for me either. it needed a bit of force and love to get in there, but it is in there and fucking tight i might add. the rear one (i got one of the first ones he ever made) doesnt fit at all...its too short.

really im more happy with the front upper than the rest. i have no problem with the front under brace because im only lowered 1" but im sure it would probably scrape on some speed bumps and steep curb ramps. and as some of us have already mentioned....the welds could have been cleaner :sad2:

do you think they would be easier to install if they were adjustible?

Pico
02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
do you think they would be easier to install if they were adjustible?
I think they would be easier that way.
But they are still good the way it is now adjustable or not IMO

89T
02-10-2007, 08:26 AM
I think they would be easier that way.
But they are still good the way it is now adjustable or not IMO

I see you'r point on the upper strut bar.
the lower ones seem to need some adjustment, point being not all these cars are all straight.
looking at the age of the vehicles. they tend to sag with time not to mention fender benders,and ocasional curb checks.

one of the other questions would be if the R&D car was straight to begain with. with some adjustibility it wouldn't make a diffrence if it was straight or not.

Am i over anilizing this?

Pico
02-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Am i over anilizing this?
No, not at all.
This is the reason that the members with the lower bar's had a little bit of difficulty installing the bars. Adjustable would make it alot easier with installation and compensating for a sagging suspension or frame, But Justin did good in designing these bars for us 3G owners.

89T
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
But Justin did good in designing these bars for us 3G owners.
I agree with you it is a good design, I wouldn't be asking all these questions if i thought it was a bad desighn.
I am looking in to building a set, but with futher knowlage from experiances with with an exhisting design from my fellow 3geez members.
possibly improving or taking it to the next level.

edit: I do apreciate the feed back. thanks!

MessyHonda
02-10-2007, 10:46 AM
well you could buy like a 4th gen accord adjustable bar and modify the ends to it works with our car...plus they are cheap i see them for like 40 bucks a bar.

and yes the adjustable part would come in handy cuz its kinda werid to push in the bar into a tight space

skycam_313
02-10-2007, 12:42 PM
if u could do that, id buy one for sure....

87lxiaccord
02-10-2007, 12:54 PM
i just put my rear upper on this week like monkey said it was too short but we got another bolt from ace hardware and connected it on one side and now it fits like a glove. I also tried to put my rear tie bar on like monkey said again the jack bump was definetly in the way so i cut the hell out of it and i still need to grind some more off monday when i can use the lift in my auto class. I installed the upper front like a month ago and it was the newer design it was weird to me that it only bolts up to one hole but after some bending and forcing i got it to fit and it made quite a bit of difference in handling.

ZackieDarko
05-06-2008, 01:49 PM
ANY MORE reviews? i am thinking of buying one of the last sets

Pico
05-06-2008, 05:29 PM
I purchased the lower rear tie bar from frantik, it was a bitch to get in but in my opinion it tightend up the sloppiness ( if thats the correct way of saying it) in the rear,