PDA

View Full Version : A2K5 Tranny Q

Bglad420
02-09-2007, 04:37 PM
OK I just got a new 5-speed, Mine WAS an E2Q5, The one I got is an A2K5 out of a lude from the research. My question is Do I need the lude flywheel or will mine work fine, I didn't find the info on this while searching. thanks

shepherd79
02-10-2007, 07:54 AM
OK I just got a new 5-speed, Mine WAS an E2Q5, The one I got is an A2K5 out of a lude from the research. My question is Do I need the lude flywheel or will mine work fine, I didn't find the info on this while searching. thanks
well A2K5 came out off 86-87 EFI prelude. Since they had A20 motor it will work just fine.
i think it has shorter gears but i am not sure.

if you got 86-87 carb lude tranny A1B5, you would have to use carb lude flywheel and clutch since the bell housing is smaller.

Bglad420
02-10-2007, 07:56 AM
OK I thought so, and yeah it has slighlty shorter gears than my stock not much though. Any idea on how good these ones hold up??

shepherd79
02-10-2007, 08:44 AM
well it should last you as long as stock accord tranny.
i am not sure what kind setup you will have but i wouldn't go with shorter gear for boosted setup. i would get carbed accord tranny. it has a little longer gears which will help yeah with take off.

MessyHonda
02-10-2007, 10:39 AM
yeah with shorter gears you might not get alot of traction....well you can always test it out.

short gears is good on a NA set up

Bglad420
02-10-2007, 04:38 PM
well it should last you as long as stock accord tranny.
i am not sure what kind setup you will have but i wouldn't go with shorter gear for boosted setup. i would get carbed accord tranny. it has a little longer gears which will help yeah with take off.

Yeah I know. I was disapointed, I was told it was an 88 LXi trans, but he lied. I'm not planning on keeping an a series trans anyways. Been working on an adaptor plate for a b series trans. I'm just lazy and well yeah just lazy.

MessyHonda
02-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah I know. I was disapointed, I was told it was an 88 LXi trans, but he lied. I'm not planning on keeping an a series trans anyways. Been working on an adaptor plate for a b series trans. I'm just lazy and well yeah just lazy.

lol...that sucks....yeah a b-series would be cool