PDA

View Full Version : a18a?

stocklxi
02-09-2007, 05:13 PM
well i've stumbled upon a place that sells these, jdm a18a swaps says for a 87-89 accord....just seein if i can just drop my a20a out for this one and boost it or something cuz i love my 3g but its power is lacking/ its auto (so thats gotta go too)

labeledsk8r
02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
the a18 is weaker then the a20 just fyi

stocklxi
02-09-2007, 06:14 PM
honestly i just need to find another a20 and rebuild it and do a manual swap, then i think i'd be happy lol

snoopyloopy
02-09-2007, 09:02 PM
if you get it, just take the valve springs and use them on the a20 and you can rev a little higher. but contrary to popular belief, the a18a has higher stock hp ratings than the a20a1. if he has an a20a1, he might get nominal power gains. but certainly nothing worth the trouble. so yes, you can use it, but no, you probably won't get extremely good results. if you just need a replacement and that's the only thing available, then you could probably get away with it. although it may have more power bc of lack of emissions equipment, which may be your downfall if you have smog checks in your state.

MessyHonda
02-10-2007, 04:48 AM
if you get it, just take the valve springs and use them on the a20 and you can rev a little higher. but contrary to popular belief, the a18a has higher stock hp ratings than the a20a1. if he has an a20a1, he might get nominal power gains. but certainly nothing worth the trouble. so yes, you can use it, but no, you probably won't get extremely good results. if you just need a replacement and that's the only thing available, then you could probably get away with it. although it may have more power bc of lack of emissions equipment, which may be your downfall if you have smog checks in your state.

they are only rated a bit higher since they dont have emissions