PDA

View Full Version : It is Possible F20 head on B20A Block

accordweber
02-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Hi all, long time no see, just a question it is possible to swap the F20 head on B20A block?, its true the engines share some parts even the stroke i think, no sure abouth that if any of you have a clue a bout this o ane one can givme a blueprint of the F20 head and B20A block i would aprecite. thanks
B20A Rock!

snoopyloopy
02-09-2007, 09:32 PM
f20b, as in the destroked h22a dohc vtec f20? definitely not as a bolt on, probably not even with lots of machining. you'd probably be better off buying a whole f20 powertrain and swapping it in, especially if you already have b20a.

accordweber
02-09-2007, 09:57 PM
in reality its a rare F20A (blue valve cover) DOCH no vtec. i see i think its better to swap on another engine but i want to get out the max i can with the actual engine the F20A its completed, i all redy owne that engine but i dont feel the urgent on make the swap right now. its just i wana mess around to see whatn i can do...

Cheers: Elvin

MessyHonda
02-10-2007, 04:53 AM
yeah i dont think they dont share the same head. get another b20 head

smufguy
02-10-2007, 07:01 AM
for the record the JDM B20A and the us B20Ax (prelude motors) do not share any parts mechanically with the other family of Honda motors. The only thing i have seen is that the JDM B20A cam gears are apparently the same as the USDM F22/F23 motors (accord).

Take a F20A and a JDM B20A Head-gaskets and compare them together.

PS: Stroke is not a Mechanical part my friend. a Connecting rod and a piston is. Your stroke is determined in conjunction with the rod and the crank.

shepherd79
02-10-2007, 07:11 AM
they won't fit. it is like taking cats body and trying to surgicly add dogs head. those engines are two diff species. they won't even come close.

snoopyloopy
02-10-2007, 09:03 AM
they won't fit. it is like taking cats body and trying to surgicly add dogs head. those engines are two diff species. they won't even come close.
:lol: :lol: :lol: and to the op, i'm going to then ask, what's the point? you have a dohc 16v engine already, you're not going to gain anything from swapping the heads. and if you have the f20a already, assuming they would get remotely close to fitting and you went ahead and had the machine work done, the f20a would then be useless after you butcher it to match w/ the b20a. just buy a 4g and shove it in there. or send it to me. :D

accordweber
02-10-2007, 06:48 PM
ok i got it. thanks i do my homework today to i take the Head-gaskets and they dont fit.

i dont think i can get the f20 on my bay but its not impossible you know i allredy put the b20a on my bay so i will decide to extract the max of the engine. so i will go OBD1 with the F22 or F20 distributor i think the can fit with less machiinne if i wrong then i will make my home work again.. jjejejeje

in other orden i find today the read disck prelude 88 in good condition i will swaps thats ones in a few days (i will take pic).

and for the recod, any one who wants to put camber-plates on her/his 2g cards you just need a pair ones fron the TOYOTA COROLLA 88-90 camber plate and boula!!. its the same folks:rockon:

see you all and thanks
and sorry for my english its realy bad :)

MessyHonda
02-10-2007, 11:51 PM
ok i got it. thanks i do my homework today to i take the Head-gaskets and they dont fit.
i dont think i can get the f20 on my bay but its not impossible you know i allredy put the b20a on my bay so i will decide to extract the max of the engine. so i will go OBD1 with the F22 or F20 distributor i think the can fit with less machiinne if i wrong then i will make my home work again.. jjejejeje
in other orden i find today the read disck prelude 88 in good condition i will swaps thats ones in a few days (i will take pic).
and for the recod, any one who wants to put camber-plates on her/his 2g cards you just need a pair ones fron the TOYOTA COROLLA 88-90 camber plate and boula!!. its the same folks:rockon:
see you all and thanks
and sorry for my english its realy bad :)

take some pictures and post them up. i want to see the b-series

snoopyloopy
02-11-2007, 09:01 AM
oh, so you were going with the f20a head so you could do obd-1? why didn't you say that to begin with? talk to thegreatdane. he did the obd-1 conversion on his b20a and i can't imagine it being much different for you.

SQ is the SQUAD
02-14-2007, 05:40 PM
where can i find a f20 head gasket. i want to compare it to my a20 block

Honda3G
02-14-2007, 07:56 PM
take some pictures and post them up. i want to see the b-series

Sorry abouth the Mess, a litte note the user with the name accordweber is the sames as me Honda3G. i lose my usern and pass and i dont remenber neither or other so i Finish registe with another usern and pass, sorry i'm really sorry

So the pic are fron the accordweber car its the same, but i will up some new pic any way.

Honda3G
02-14-2007, 07:57 PM
where can i find a f20 head gasket. i want to compare it to my a20 block

u can find it in a honda retail parts seller i guest or simple try to find the F22 or F20B, F22B they are the same (at simple look).