PDA

View Full Version : another cold start issue

valleyweb
02-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Well i have been having a serious cold start problem with my car, its carbed, when i first fire it up in the morning, it sounds like its running on 3 cyl's car warms up a bit, and the miss goes away but i smell fuel like crazy, then car idles at 3000 or so, warms up , i can kick the idle down by tapping the gas but when i drive away the idle will bump up to 3000+rpm.. also having problems when car is warm, the choke comes on, rev's like crazy sometimes will stay at 4000-4500 and when i tap gas it doesn't come back down, i have to drive it like that for a few kms riding the brake and it will go away. I drive 30+ kms to work , and back sometimes i set cruise control at 100kms, and when i go to accelerate to pass some body car starts running on 3 cyls again.. i am thinking i have a combination of ignition issues and choke issues.. anyone out there that can shed some light on this.. thanks

Accordaone
02-13-2007, 12:33 PM
My 87 Accord carbed does the same thing intermittently. Seems to be related to the cooling system, when I bleed it, it seems to go away. Do a search-the gurus all seem to go to the cooling system first-also, check for vacuum leak from carb hoses or bad throttle regulator.