PDA

View Full Version : Main page upgrade possibility???????

guaynabo89
02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Alright guys hopefully this is the place to put this thread.

Now

Why dont we, or cant we put sort of a slideshow at the top of the main board with some of the members cars? Kinda putting our best foot forward without having to go looking through the pics section to see what can be done to these cars.

Other sites have this type of slideshow at the tops of their forums and I thought maybe we should try to incorporate this into 3geez. Im not familiar with any of the things required to set that up but if its fairly easy for someone to do here on the board why not.

In the Accord of the year threads there are plenty of good pictures of alot of members cars. I figure you could get like 20-25 good pictures of accords that could alternate.

What do yall think?

Catalyst
02-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I personally think that is a great idea. Id like to see it happen. :rockon:

guaynabo89
02-12-2007, 06:30 PM
we have a second do we have a third.

I like your sig too that could be one of the pictures.

its obvious that its fairly stock exterior wise with steelies and what not but thats a good picture and your car looks great in it.

mkymonkey
02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
aye

teck
02-12-2007, 06:41 PM
thats a good idea

Catalyst
02-12-2007, 06:42 PM
we have a second do we have a third.
I like your sig too that could be one of the pictures.
its obvious that its fairly stock exterior wise with steelies and what not but thats a good picture and your car looks great in it.
Well that was a few months ago, some things have changed on my car, I now have new wheels and tires, repainted bumpers/corner lights, and a magnaflow cat-back exhaust system that i just recently got. (pics tomorrow). you can see the updated pics here http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57969) if you want. :) sorry for the thread jack, but yeah, Id love to see this happen!

ghettogeddy
02-12-2007, 06:44 PM
i say we do it like preludepower and post people sig pics

guaynabo89
02-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Well that was a few months ago, some things have changed on my car, I now have new wheels and tires, repainted bumpers/corner lights, and a magnaflow cat-back exhaust system that i just recently got. (pics tomorrow). you can see the updated pics here http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57969) if you want. :) sorry for the thread jack, but yeah, Id love to see this happen!

Nah Im just saying your car looks great in the picture. no offense or nothing

lol

Legend_master
02-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I agree, maybe we could have some sort of a random picture that changes every time the page is reloaded. Good idea guaynabo89

Pico
02-12-2007, 07:23 PM
I like that idea, I'd like to see something like that here

BITESIZE
02-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I've always thought about that idea too. Except we should only show hatchback pictures. lol

Cheeseburger
02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
I've always thought about that idea too. Except we should only show hatchback pictures. lol

:slap:

lets do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!do it! do it! do it! do it! do it!

MessyHonda
02-12-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah garage pics ftw

forrest89sei
02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
:thumbup:

Shall we ask for a poll?

Civic Accord Honda
02-12-2007, 10:55 PM
i say we do it like preludepower and post people sig pics
yeah that would be awsome

diegoaccord
02-13-2007, 01:22 AM
yes, but you can count the number on your hands, of those that should go up. i personally wouldnt want to see rusty blue/tan/maroon accords or stock being/looking accords, it would put a bad taste in my mouth before i even began... You want to put your BEST foot forward, when you're trying to attract "civic" people (who didn't start off here) and the like.

mainly MOST of the people in this thread plus like bullard123, oldschoolswap and wickedaccord.

Just an opinion as a non-Accord owner. My opinoin isnt biased because I have nothing to gain from the decision.

MessyHonda
02-13-2007, 09:54 AM
yes, but you can count the number on your hands, of those that should go up. i personally wouldnt want to see rusty blue/tan/maroon accords or stock being/looking accords, it would put a bad taste in my mouth before i even began... You want to put your BEST foot forward, when you're trying to attract "civic" people (who didn't start off here) and the like.
mainly MOST of the people in this thread plus like bullard123, oldschoolswap and wickedaccord.
Just an opinion as a non-Accord owner. My opinoin isnt biased because I have nothing to gain from the decision.

well how about passed accord of the month winners?

BITESIZE
02-13-2007, 09:56 AM
All AOM winners is a great idea....Guess we'll be seeing my picture up at the top!! HA HA HA HA HA!!

guaynabo89
02-13-2007, 09:59 AM
actually thats why i said to look through all the accord of the year nominees threads. (all 3)

there are some great pictures in there. plus someone with some good fotoshop skills could touch em up the right way like money did with catalyst sig pic.

skycam_313
02-13-2007, 10:07 AM
sounds great doooooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit !!!!

do it now.:squint:

MessyHonda
02-13-2007, 10:27 AM
yup does not sound bad....some one talk to joe or marc about it .

guaynabo89
02-14-2007, 05:59 AM
yeah I guess we should inform someone of the idea to actually see if its even doable.

mkymonkey
02-14-2007, 08:06 AM
use your AOY powers and convince them!!!

87accordlxi
02-14-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't know how to do it offhand, but I will search around and see if there is a vbulletin hack to allow random images from the Garage to be shown on the top of the page.

2oodoor
02-14-2007, 09:40 AM
I agree, maybe we could have some sort of a random picture that changes every time the page is reloaded. Good idea guaynabo89
Better Idea ! represent!

race12001
02-14-2007, 05:14 PM
yes we must do it best idea presented yet this year

guaynabo89
02-14-2007, 05:34 PM
I was thinking in the upper right page where it says accord of the month would be a good place. cause I love the way 3 geez loads up on the left.

I mean if we cant do an alternating image maybe we could weekly change the image up there or something?

race12001
02-14-2007, 05:36 PM
yea if we took all the aom and put their pics up there instead that would be sweet if they changed like once a day

mkymonkey
02-14-2007, 10:47 PM
shit all you need to do is have a looping flash image up there that would change every 1-5 mins. just add all the aom pics into a looping swf movie. easy. as long as the size of the file is 500x120px it shouldn't be a huge file mb wise.

the pic on the upper left is an swf already anyway....so why not make another one on the right?

MessyHonda
02-14-2007, 11:13 PM
shit all you need to do is have a looping flash image up there that would change every 1-5 mins. just add all the aom pics into a looping swf movie. easy. as long as the size of the file is 500x120px it shouldn't be a huge file mb wise.

the pic on the upper left is an swf already anyway....so why not make another one on the right?

well our AOM only covers 1 year.....it should cover it all the way back of when it started.

race12001
02-15-2007, 11:34 AM
yea that way no one can complain about not seeing their car and you wont have to see the same cars over and over

Civic Accord Honda
02-16-2007, 12:09 AM
my sig should be on it

race12001
02-16-2007, 07:52 AM
hows that

2ndGenGuy
02-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Shit I think there's lots of cars on this site that look great. Theres more than enough candidates that should go on the loop to the front page. Even some of the cars on the site that are projects in progress can be shot from angles good enough to warrant a quick glimpse on the front page. There just needs to be a quality standard.

A18A
02-16-2007, 08:15 AM

or use the random image php script thingy

BITESIZE
02-16-2007, 10:01 AM
<----AOM May 2005. :)

87accordlxi
02-16-2007, 10:48 AM
If I do it, I want it to be automated. Which means it will have to be tied in with the 3geez Garage software, not AOM. There are upgrades available for the garage that will allow images to be shown on the forum home.

mkymonkey
02-16-2007, 11:09 AM
cool....but how big would the automated pic be?

87accordlxi
02-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Not sure. I assume they would be as big as we want them to be. I haven't seen the new software in action though. I'm in the middle of a long distance move, so I'll work on it in the next few weeks when I get internet set up.

guaynabo89
02-16-2007, 03:50 PM
wooohooo

as long as your looking ino it thats good enough for me. I mean a nice picture on the main forum page that kinda represents how nice these cars really are and what can be done with them will benefit 3gez. or at least i think????

thegreatdane
02-18-2007, 11:47 AM

Over the time that this board has existed there has been A LOT of really good looking and well done 3rd gens passing through on this forum. You would need several hands to count the best ones...

And I think it's a great idea, whether it be a larger picture at the main page or a smaller banner type picture at the top. I've always liked what they have on preludepower.
Only problem about vbgarage pictures is that there is alot of crappy pictures and not a lot of members have their cars in there plus there's more than just third gens.

race12001
02-21-2007, 07:09 PM
yea plus alot of us are in the process of fixing up our cars so they will look nice civic guy have every thing for their acr where as we have to use our brains to make stuff work

A20A1
02-23-2007, 10:29 PM
What if we used the slide show from the 3geez member map?

forrest89sei
02-23-2007, 10:38 PM
What if we used the slide show from the 3geez member map?

I like that

Civic Accord Honda
02-24-2007, 07:05 AM
if you go with the vbgarage thing the vbgarage beter become free so everyone can have there pic up

race12001
03-01-2007, 04:46 PM
i like the members map idea