PDA

View Full Version : tailight removale

Chubs87Accord
09-05-2002, 10:23 PM
ok... im going to do a secret mod to my tails... ive never seen it done before... i took a pic of my car and tried this out in photoshop and i think it looks sweet and will look incredibly sweet after i get my car painted (which will be one of the last mods i do to the outside) im not gonna say cause i told 3 people 1 laughed said it was ok try it out and let me know how it looks, 1 laughed and said tacky, then 1 said 'dude that looks sick' so thats 3+ to 1- so im goin for it ill let you know after its done... one thing is holding me back though...

i dont know how to pop my taillights out, lol. so can someone tell me in detail how to do it and please details not 'undo the screws and push' lol cause if i dont have to figure it out it will take me less time, lol... even though i have nothing but time :D so yeah someone reply with a how to or email me at [email protected] thanks in advance

Neuspeed87lx
09-06-2002, 10:53 AM
well to take the tails out all you do is 'undo the screws and push' haha ...just take an 8mm socket ...remove all 4 screws....unplug the wires....unscrew the bulbs out of the tail light ....and it should slide out

Chubs87Accord
09-06-2002, 11:33 AM
ha ha ha... NOT FUNNY just kidding, :lol nice nice... thanks dude

markmdz89hatch
09-06-2002, 04:11 PM
actually, are'nt there 6 nuts that you have to loosen up on each tail in order to get them off..? Oh yeah, and also, again for the hatch, I think you need to take the center (& license plate) off b/c there's a little lip on the inside-side of the tails that is covered by the center piece? Yeah, and don't forget to take off the license plate along with that center piece b/c the plate screws directly in the the rear metal. If i'm not mistaken, I think it's like 16 8mm. nuts total. Depending on the sockets you're using, you may end up needing an 8mm deep socket to really get in there.

Good luck, and post pics as soon as you're done...!!!!

Chubs87Accord
09-06-2002, 04:14 PM
yeah i found out the lisence plate part has to come off.... how does it come off, lol... and yes 6 nuts

markmdz89hatch
09-06-2002, 04:24 PM
license plate part removal:

four 8mm nuts on inside, just like the tails, and like i said, take off the license plate too b/c the two screws/bolts that hold the plate on also hold the center piece to the body.

3G Jester
09-06-2002, 08:45 PM
OOOO you bastard---im doing secret custom tails too!!! hahaha good luck with yours!!! IM me and we can trade secrets---cause mine is SERIOUS custom and its gonna take A LOT of work.

bobafett
09-06-2002, 09:59 PM
i ahev an idea too, but its not secret, i will glady blab about mine, adn get some input... if anyone cares, just ask, and i will let you all know my plan. :)

Chubs87Accord
09-06-2002, 10:54 PM
whats the plan?