PDA

View Full Version : windshield wipers broke

stocklxi
02-14-2007, 04:43 AM
well its been snowing and icing like hell here in ohio...and i was warmin up the 3g and hit the wipers to see if the ice was thawed enough to move (there wasnt that much) and u could tell they were stuck...so i got out and yanked both wipers free of the ice...and now only one works...got to work, tried to play with the drivers side, it felt like it came off its track or something cuz arent they supposed to move kinda synchronized? and now i get no response from either now...what do i do?

shepherd79
02-14-2007, 09:04 AM
rule #1 never turn your wipers when it is iced.
rule #2 always raise wipers when it is snowing to raining ice.

well the best way to see is to remove the wiper arms and check if both actuators move.

Catalyst
02-14-2007, 09:43 AM
Sometimes the little bolt that holds them on comes loose, so the motor turns, but its no attached to the wiper very well, check that little bolt, make sure its tight. :)

stocklxi
02-14-2007, 02:44 PM
well the winner is catalyst...i guess by me yankin on the wipers i pulled em up far enough to get them off of the teeth that turn them...tighten down the bolts and im ready again...thanks guys.

Catalyst
02-14-2007, 04:57 PM
well the winner is catalyst...i guess by me yankin on the wipers i pulled em up far enough to get them off of the teeth that turn them...tighten down the bolts and im ready again...thanks guys.
Glad I could help bud. =)