PDA

View Full Version : Yall thought my problems were over? HA!

ahmad89
02-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Well i got some light problems, again with the battery light flickering randomly and tonight the oil light would flicker weakly and the car feels sluggish until 3k RPM. Also i started to hear a metal rattling sound me and my bro think that something is loose like a heatshield but also he said something might be loose or got inside the engine. I will record a video tomorrow and i will check the oil.

ahmad89
02-15-2007, 07:16 AM
I checked the oil and coolant this morning it was fine the oil seems to be black when i first check it then when i wipe it and check it again its that light brown color. The light didnt come on so far so good. The only problem is theres no heat in my car and the average temperature here in houston is below 40. Im going to let it warm up for 10 minutes after work and see if that helps. Also today im going to get my timimg checked.
Please help this isnt fake its real!

Blkblurr
02-15-2007, 07:38 AM
You'll need to have y9ur oil pressure checked to see if your oil pump is failing or your oil sending unit. the batttery light should be checked with a voltmeter. You need to see that your battery is reading 13.4 to 13.6 volts when the engine is running. Try the same test with the headlights on and the fan blowing on high. Anything else that draws lots of power should be turned on as well. If your voltage drops a lot you may have a loose or worn alt belt. The rattle underneath may be the heat shield around your exhaust. They do this when they rust the welds thru on the heat shield. I always get long springs that reach around the entire heat shield to hold it and stop the rattling. The spriing will outlast the exhaust system.

azazel_18_2
02-15-2007, 07:40 AM
Battery light flickering could be a wire shorting out. You already changed the alt already right? You did make sure to have the battery fully charged before you or whomever installed it? Otherwise you CAN burn up the voltage regulator in the new alternator. It took me three Napa alternators to figure that out. The oil pressure wiring circuit may also have a short in the wiring. The noise you hear could be many things. If it is a bearing going down in the engine it would cause your oil pressure to be low and make the light come on eventually and toast your engine. It is kind of hard to tell what is wrong without hearing or seeing it. Let us know!

shepherd79
02-15-2007, 10:33 AM
checking your timing won't help much if you have some mechanical problems. brown color oil means your engine is leaking coolant into the oil. you may want to change the oil and change the thermostat.

ahmad89
02-15-2007, 10:48 AM
it was brown cause it was still kinda new oil, changed it like last week or last weekend. I have a new thermostat and the O-ring gasket or washer thingy and i have plenty of coolant to refill the radiator when it spills. I'll change it tomorrow. I changed timing and alt belt the others are fine. Also it seems that my temperature keeps pointing at the C and wont move, i barely see it move to halfway then a lil while it moves to the C its strange.
P.S. i didnt hear the rattling this morning i will go to a shop today after school and ask them why it feels sluggish until 3k rpm and thats all cause i dont think my timing is off i think its on point i havnt felt anything different besides the sluggish part.

skycam_313
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
do you mean brown, or amber?..........

and wheres that video?

ahmad89
02-15-2007, 11:14 AM
its like a goldish clear brown the look of new oil.

shepherd79
02-15-2007, 11:29 AM
did you install thermostat corectly.
it has to be installed correctly otherwise it won't work properly.
the little metal niple has to point upwards.

skycam_313
02-15-2007, 11:41 AM
how does it idle?..........

ahmad89
02-15-2007, 06:15 PM
i havnt changed the thermostat yet as you can see in my 2nd to last post i will do it tomorrow. When it idles after its been driven for about 20 minutes when im stopped at a light or something the oil light flickers like a few minutes ago when i was parking in between my parents cars the oil light flickered in both reverse and drive. The oil level is fine could it just be from the vibration? Also i had that metal rattling sound checked it was just the clutch for the a/c nothing bad or major.

russiankid
02-15-2007, 06:25 PM
For some reason i think that your oil pressure sensor is faulty.

88Accord-DX
02-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I never did like them idiot lights for oil pressure. Install a mechanical oil pressure gauge. (peice of mind)

ahmad89
02-15-2007, 09:31 PM
well as long as theres oil in the car and i dont hear a sound that sounds like pistons grinding and i know that sound from experience, its all good. Car will be gone soon got lots of offers and people who wanna see it.

lostforawhile
02-15-2007, 09:44 PM
have you checked your ground wires? check your positive battery cable and your ground. both the one from the battery to ground,and the one from engine to ground. a bad ground can cause all kinds of wierd stuff to happen in the electrical system. I know when I fixed mine, my gas was on e and the light was on,then after I fixed it I had a quarter tank of gas,and the light was off. have you checked your sending lght wire for the temp sender? for some reason I think the wire for the oil sending warning switch and the wire for the temp are in the same sub harness. there is a sub harness under the hood for engine electrical with a big connector plug, check this plug for looseness or corrosion. as far as the wire from the alternator,there should be an alternator wire in the subharness that goes directly to the underhood fuse box. then there is a seperate wire coming off of the fuse box that connects to the battery terminal, this goes through a 70 amp link in the fuse box. also make sure your water valve for your heater core is moving and not stuck. if it's stuck or the cable is bad,the valve will never open,and no heat. if all else fails on the heat,look for the two metal lines for the heater core that run into the firewall, make sure they are the heater core,not the ac lines, disconnect those two lines,connect a piece of heater hose to the inlet one,then try to force water from a hose through it. if the water won't go through it,your heater core is plugged,and will probably need to be replaced.

shepherd79
02-16-2007, 06:38 AM
flickering light means your oil pressure is low. and it could be due bad main bearings. that is why you hear metal sounds. I think your engine is shot.
take it to a mechanic and tell him to do the oil pressure test.

ahmad89
02-16-2007, 07:21 AM
the metal sound was from the a/c clutch on that pully at the bottom left from the driver side fender, i said this already please read my posts. As for the oil pressure i do want to check it but it happens randomly and i dont hear anything sounding like pistons hitting metal or anything like that so thats why i think its just a misread or vibration problem. As for the temperature sending unit i looked for it near the thermostat and theres nothing there, i checked the manual again then went back to the engine and its not there. I will take a picture to show you guys what i mean.
As for the ground wires How can i tell if they're bad? and where are all of them? The one from the engine to ground seems to be fine but i dont like how about an inch of the wire shows like the part that shows is the part that connects to the engine or the grounding part and the color of the wire is like a dark brownish color. I'll take pictures today when i get home from school. Im going to change the thermostat also unless its too cold for me to work on my car cause the radio said the high's are going to be in the 40's and lows in the 20's.

shepherd79
02-16-2007, 08:44 AM
if you are looking for temp sensor for the gauge, you are looking in a wrong spot my friend. on carbed accords that sensor is on the back on the intake manifold driver side.
it has one single wire going into it.

ground cables, well the one from the valve cover to the body should be OK.
make sure you check other ones (from the battery to the body and to the tranny).
it is possible that you have bad cables. you can get new power and ground cables from autoparts store. it shouldn't be that much.

ahmad89
02-16-2007, 10:41 AM
dam manual was wrong, i need a manual for my exact car.