PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in buying stuff from SPI Tuning (formerly Redshift)

YK86
09-06-2002, 12:59 AM
I went to SPI Tuning which was Redshift before and talked to Jason (one of the owners). As you may know, Redshift didn't have the greatest reputation for returning e-mails and stuff. Anyways, I found out all partners have a full time job and used to do Redshift as a hobby which is why they are so busy and hardly ever in the shop at regular hours but he said they are going to be changing that soon with new management.

Anyways, I will be going there on Saturday to see if they have a part I need and to check on the JDM sidemarkers they have (look in the Market Place section for info on that). While I am there, is there anything anyone wants me to ask about??? CA front clip?? B motors?? I am already on the B20A swap. I now know how to get a hold of him so hopefully, I can get prompt answers for all of us. IF I can work well with him and he does follow through with what he promises, he will be a good source of JDM parts and may even lead to discounts for all 3geez members. And after finishing my swap, I may be able to work with him to set up a B20A package that really does drop and plug right in for anyone that's interested (all parts you need included, all wiring already done). So, post anything you want me to ask them here.

carotman
09-06-2002, 04:13 AM
well, ask for anything regarding my B20A swap.

and markers too :)

markmdz89hatch
09-06-2002, 07:22 AM
any idea if they could get their hands on a set of Aerodeck tails?

how 'bout JDM Stock Chin Spoilers <-- hey it's worth a shot!

damackz
09-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Good Job Yasu!!!!! that would be hella sweet if u guyz can work together good and it would benefit both of u! :super:

gugumachi
09-06-2002, 10:53 AM
i'd love to have a b20a, but probably wouldn't have the resources to get one until early next year, like jan/feb. that would be sweet if you got that package deal worked out. keep us posted

YK86
09-07-2002, 06:28 PM
Sorry guys, I was too busy to head down there today. It was supposed to be my day off but today was one of those busy days and I wanted to help the other workers out. But I did get a hold of Jason and we're supposed to meet in the next few days so I will keep you posted. .

SQ is the SQUAD
09-07-2002, 07:49 PM
check about a b20b or b20z short blok, i need one bad!!!!

YK86
09-07-2002, 10:20 PM
You know what, they were just finishing up putting a b20b block with b18c5 head into a 88-91 Civic. It looked SWEET!!!!

2Fast_Fiero
09-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Whats the CA Front Clip?

shepherd79
09-08-2002, 04:07 AM
do they have a website?

damackz
09-08-2002, 09:44 AM
www.redshift.ca should lead u to their page..............sweet man i would have loved to see that engine mmmmmm lol :werd:

YK86
09-09-2002, 08:57 PM
I went to see them this afternoon. I didn't get a price but they said they can source out most stuff. Only bad thing is, they get stuff shipped by the container (by boat) and obviously, they would want to ship alot of stuff at once to keep costs low. So who know how long it will take. You could pay for extra shipping and get that one piece mailed by air but it will still take time to find what you need. Hope that sort of answers your questions. Oh, and Carot, check you PM.

I talked to them about the B20A w/5 speed they have (includes rear mount, axles, intermidiate shaft, ECU, flywheel) but they need to bring in a JDM flywheel since the engine has the auto driveplate on it. We were talking about making a "real" ready to drop in engine with all the wiring done and parts sourced out for you but would anyone be interested for real?? Aproximate cost (this is a real rough guesstimate) would be $1500 US for everything except shipping.

carotman
09-10-2002, 03:29 AM
I didn't get your pm :(

YK86
09-10-2002, 08:27 AM
Sorry, you should have one now!

SQ is the SQUAD
09-10-2002, 08:56 AM
can you get any idea on the price for that b20b or b20z block? i have a b16a2 head i am gonna use for it, can you reccoment a good shop for a port and polish?

RobT5580
09-10-2002, 04:44 PM
I might be interested in the B20A possible depending on condition and all keep me updated.....

YK86
09-11-2002, 12:30 AM
The b20vtec (not B18c5 head) is roughly $4000 US but I'm not sure what that includes. And I will definetely keep everyone updated on their B20A.

Site
09-12-2002, 08:25 AM
When you see him next, could you ask about availability/price of JDM HKS CAMP multi gauge? Used is cool as long as it's in good condition. See this website for reference:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/HKS/CAMP/default_sub.asp

I can pick one up off Ebay for a bit over $200. If SPI can beat that price, then I'm interested.

DarknessRS
09-13-2002, 08:56 PM
YK: Could you get a price estimate on the CA front clip for me?

Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
Whats the CA Front Clip?

The CA front clip is the 3G with the fixed headlights. It was from the JDM Accord, and all euro 3Gs except for the Aerodeck.