PDA

View Full Version : How to diagnostic and reactive the cruise control system.

Mario Calero
02-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Hello friends, I’ve had my 3gee for more than two years, this is my very first car, I am new to cars and mechanics, however I want to reactivate whatever is failing to operate, in this case, I want to reactivate the cruise control system, apparently all its components are under the hood but it doesn’t work, when I push the button CRUISE CONTROL, nothing happen, the speed does not keep the same, maybe some cable is disconnected, so I want to know how to diagnostic the system, is there any diagram for this system, is there any way to reactivate this?

Given that I’m very careful with my car, before I try to fix something, I want to hear from you first, what procedure to follow, some diagram if possible, any guide or tips.

By the way, the two buttons on the flywheel “set accel” , “set desac” are suppose to work with the cruise control or are separated?

Please help.

russiankid
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
When you want to activate the cruise control, you have to push the Cruise Control button( to turn it on), then push "set accel"(to set speed) button on the steering wheel. When you have done this, a green Cruise Control light should appear on your gauge cluster.Sounds to me that you are activating it incorrectly.

Mario Calero
02-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I feel ashamed, I didn't know the procedure, I tought it was a matter of pushing the button and done..

however, sometime ago, some mechanic saw my car and doing another work, told me he could reactivate the cruise control for a hundred bucks, i said no at this time... eversince, I assume the control is failing...however never took the chance to test it.

Thank you for your patience, i am very new to cars.

Mario

russiankid
02-15-2007, 03:07 PM
It's ok, glad to help. Let us know if what i said up there does not work.

89T
02-15-2007, 03:16 PM
don't feel ashaimed you just saved you'r self $100!

nswst8
02-15-2007, 07:18 PM
There is a rubber bump stop ( about the size of a dime ) on the clutch pedal that deterioates and falls apart with time check that first if your cruise control still doesn't engage.

MessyHonda
02-15-2007, 09:32 PM
good luck and hope it work...because on my car...it broke after a week i got the car.

Mario Calero
02-17-2007, 05:32 PM
No, the cruise control definitely does not work in my car, I already try it and no, nothing happens, speed does not keep itself steady, does the idea. does it?

What are the basic check ups?

My car is mechanical, 5 speed.

Mario