PDA

View Full Version : Carb?

ballin_in_my_accord
02-16-2007, 07:51 AM
So since i have bought my car ive gotten really bad fuel mileage, yes i tend to step on it sometimes but i still dont think it would be as bad as it is. Most of the reason i step on it is because its the only way to get any response. Sometimes u give my car some gas and it accelarates fine but other times its hesitant and u have trouble speeding up. becuase of this i kindve got in the habit to floor it sometimes as it kinda gets through this. My dad used to have a '86 and he says his would "walk circles around my car" he says his was way more peppy. Could cleaning the carb do the trick?

ahmad89
02-16-2007, 07:58 AM
try to clean the carb with carb cleaner or check the fuel filters or pump.

2ndGenGuy
02-16-2007, 08:05 AM
I ran some carb cleaner through my stock carb some time ago. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's going to cure your problems.

You sure your dad didn't have an LXi? :-D

2ndGenGuy
02-16-2007, 08:08 AM
I ran some carb cleaner through my stock carb some time ago. It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it's going to cure your problems.

You sure your dad didn't have an LXi? :-D

ballin_in_my_accord
02-16-2007, 08:16 AM
lol, i dont think he did , maybe though .. yeah i was thinking about trying the carb cleaner , you can take them off and get them professionally cleaned to that might be my next step? how would i go about checking the fuel filters, or the pump, im a bit of a newb lol

shepherd79
02-16-2007, 08:39 AM
first get yourself repair manual or honda shop manual (you can download it).
do a search on this site for a manual.

you can try cleaning the carb, it may help but it may not. the best solution would be to remove the carb, get rebuild kit and rebuild it.
this way you can clean it very good. replace any gaskets or o-rings and so on and on.

skycam_313
02-16-2007, 11:31 AM
and check your venturis and see if they move at all....... DONT OVERLOOK THIS!

cause i did, and i spent a lot of money on crap before i figured it out

gosse
03-04-2007, 05:43 AM
lol, i dont think he did , maybe though .. yeah i was thinking about trying the carb cleaner , you can take them off and get them professionally cleaned to that might be my next step? how would i go about checking the fuel filters, or the pump, im a bit of a newb lol
try put in some caburator ethanol.. dont know what you call it but its isopropylalcohole over 90 %.. works really good..
remember your car has an iron fuel tank, and it will kondensate h2o and it can blend with gasoline, and it will come in the carb as pure water, and it will burn badly.. ive have the same problem every year.. in sommer it disapears again..