PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the front suspension

86EFI85
02-19-2007, 03:27 PM
A few months ago, i hit a side walk (actually 2, since i hit both sides of the car) the thing is, when you look the car in a side view, the front wheels are out of center i want to know if that can be fixed, or it needs to be replaced. (new shocks, new cv joints, new bridges, etc.)
i already check if something got out of place down the car, but everything seems to be ok. all the impact was absorb by the tires, just one was damage. (note: i don't fell any change will driving, except that it looks like crap with the wheels out of center)

skycam_313
02-19-2007, 03:34 PM
:eek: ummm ow....

how fast were u going?

Pico
02-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Take it in for a front inspection or alignment

race12001
02-19-2007, 06:00 PM
no an alinngment wont fix it you will have to get a new crossmember or take it to a body shop with a frame machine and have it pulled out ive had to do it to a fourth gen

88Accord-DX
02-19-2007, 07:53 PM
If it's out of center, you probably need new strut rod bushings. Probably blown them bushings out. Might have also tweeked the bracket that the lower control arm sets in. (rear side)

MessyHonda
02-20-2007, 12:51 AM
yeah that does not sound very safe...you should get it fixed ASAP

epic1400cs
02-21-2007, 04:01 AM
I agree. You should fix it or take it garage asap. You might be able to drive it but you will have big spin when you apply strong brake on wet especially - I once has an old Mitsubishi Lancer with left front wheel out of alighnment and I had a big spin in a mountain gravel road. My car went out from the road, dive into a rice field almost the car rolls over...
Good luck.

86EFI85
02-21-2007, 01:47 PM
A few months ago, i hit a side walk (actually 2, since i hit both sides of the car) the thing is, when you look the car in a side view, the front wheels are out of center i want to know if that can be fixed, or it needs to be replaced. (new shocks, new cv joints, new bridges, etc.)
i already check if something got out of place down the car, but everything seems to be ok. all the impact was absorb by the tires, just one was damage. (note: i don't fell any change will driving, except that it looks like crap with the wheels out of center) How fast i was going? i think 35 or 40 mph. And thank you, i was'nt aware of the dangerous situation of having that kind of damage i'll keep you guys inform.