PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum Brake Bleeder

HondaBoy
02-19-2007, 06:44 PM
we have these at school and i had been wanting one since i first used one. it made bleeding the brake system a snap. i picked this up at Harbor Freight for about $35. i'll be using this when doing the brake work on my accord. hopefully it works as well as the one at school. i've had the hand pump vacuum bleeder before and wouldnt go back to that crap. anyways, now i can do quick fluid exchages and other brake work. so hopefully this will see some use. runs off of shop air, i need a new hose though since the fitting on mine broke convenently today.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/HondaBoySi87/DSC05678.jpg
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=92924

Pico
02-19-2007, 06:59 PM
I've seen those at harbor freight never got around to getting one, Let us know how it works out for you

HondaBoy
02-19-2007, 11:18 PM
for sure. if it works like the fancier one at school, it should work great. i know a lot of people knock Harbor Freight stuff, but for the price i really couldnt pass it up. the long canister is for the brake fluid to drain into the master cylinder so you dont have to go and add more and waste time getting up and doing that constantly. personally, i think its a great idea to flush and refill the brake fluid once a year. can make for a bit of savings and keep the rubber parts in good shape in the long run since moisture and rust likes go get into the system.

2ndGenGuy
02-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Yeah a lot of the Harbor Freight stuff is great. A lot of it is, well you get what you pay for. I love buying stuff there, so it will be interesting to hear how it goes! If it works out, I'll pick one up too!

I picked up a pump to get the oil out of my transfer case on my truck from there. It worked great for a while, then just quit pumping. It's hit or miss I guess, but I love that place anyways!

forrest89sei
02-20-2007, 12:29 AM
I have one, i'll have to try it out :D

HondaBoy
02-20-2007, 09:26 PM
yeah, i dont see how it would go bad quickly like my old vacuum pump because it used a rubber piston ring and that was all that was wrong. this should be good unless a gasket where you screw it together at the top goes.

HondaBoy
02-23-2007, 02:30 AM
hey so this thing works really great. its nice if you have an air compressor, but you wont be able to use it unless you do. made bleeding out the rear disks very easy and quick. it looked like a pretty good vaccum bleeder. not too cheapy either, especially from harbor freight.