PDA

View Full Version : U think this'll work!?!?

InfinityAudioLXi
09-06-2002, 12:24 PM
Sorry its been so long since I've posted but i've been a little busy with other stuff. But anyways remember a while ago when www.tokicogasshocks.com was selling our springs for $65, well i got a set and they've been sitting in my garage for a while so I went out and just ordered some tokico high performance shocks (the blue ones) from www.shox.com for $235. do u think that'll ride pretty good? i figured i may as well make them match because usually they make them for each other. well i was just wondering if anyone has that combo? any and all info would be appreciated, thanks.

Jims 86LXI HB
09-06-2002, 08:37 PM
They are going to be to soft in the front, and you will have some bounce and over really ruff pavement they will "chatter". I wish you would have posted before you went and ordered them. The rears should be fine. Even though those springs only drop a inch they are on the stiff side. I have seen certain sites selling those springs with the tokico H.P. sturts as a Advance Performance Suspension kit. That is something the marketing people dreamed up to move product. If you call and speak to a tokico tech and tell them how stiff a spring your running and what strut of theirs you should use, you will not hear them tell you H.P.'s, they will tell you to use their illumina's. Unfortunately they don't make illumina's for our cars. The only way to not have issues with how they perform in the front is to not install them and to purchase a pair of Koni's.

Chrome_thangs
09-06-2002, 10:23 PM
Listen to the man!

I put some on my car (temporarly) and I really regret doing so. They might be cheaper but they don't take bumps well at all. I'm getting 17" put on so hopefully the extra "meat" will help until i get Koni's put in.

InfinityAudioLXi
09-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Ahhh crap!!! I thought maybe that would be the story about the Advance Performance Suspension kit! that sucks, well i guess i'll have to use 'em for a while until i can get a pair of Koni's for the front! thanks guys!