PDA

View Full Version : tokico blue warrenty

SQ is the SQUAD
02-22-2007, 03:15 PM
because i was young and dump, i dident fill out the warrenty card on my ticoko blues for the lift time warrenty. i noticed that my left front on feel lkinda loose, and was thinking about saending it in. what is the best way to register it now? did i need to provide a recipt? i guess it really wouldent be too hard to obtain. i guess what i am asking is has any1 here had there rebuilt and what was the process?

MessyHonda
02-22-2007, 06:10 PM
yeah i kinda feel stupid also...i have the box to my uncle and he threw away the lil cards....idk....i would call them up.

87LXiR
02-22-2007, 06:32 PM
They have a life-time warranty? When i bought mine i never got a little card to fill out. I have about 34,000 miles on them and they still feel great. If you get them replaced let us know(i would love to own another set once these wear out) They are a bit pricey but imo worth the money.:thumbup:

MessyHonda
02-22-2007, 06:38 PM
They have a life-time warranty? When i bought mine i never got a little card to fill out. I have about 34,000 miles on them and they still feel great. If you get them replaced let us know(i would love to own another set once these wear out) They are a bit pricey but imo worth the money.:thumbup:

yeah mine came in the box...and it had lil cards for each shock

nswst8
02-22-2007, 07:25 PM
When you call, tell them that you sent in the warranty card, how can they say you didn't. I use to work for the post office and you wouldn't believe the mail that gets lost, damaged and becomes undeliverable.

87LXiR
02-22-2007, 07:47 PM
When you call them tell that you did send in the warranty card, how can they say you didn't. I use to work for the post office and you wouldn't believe the mail that gets lost, damaged and becomes undeliverable.
Cool! thanks for the advice man.:D

Legend_master
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
I know the warranty is void if they prove that the car was lowered more then 2". I dont know how they tell that, but I have encountered it before.

SQ is the SQUAD
02-23-2007, 05:28 AM
my car isent lowered at all:naughty: :naughty:

Legend_master
02-23-2007, 05:39 AM
my car isent lowered at all:naughty: :naughty:

They have some way of tellinghow low it has been lowered, once they have recieved the old strut :violin: . We tried that one before, There is somethign internaly inside the shok that will tell the truth.

shepherd79
02-23-2007, 06:05 AM
according to their website they carry LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY.

That is what the warranty will probably cover:
it probably covers the products against defects and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such purchaser owns the vehicle on which they were originally installed and company continues to make the warranted product(s).

so lets say if you had stock suspention setup and they broke or started to leak. well it would be covered, but since you had your car on lowering springs it won't be covered.
I say you are fucked. get a new set or better struts.

race12001
02-23-2007, 06:35 AM
where do you get them from i cant find them

Bglad420
02-23-2007, 08:00 AM
I just bought Tokicos and I have 4 cards, I only need one if you need one I'll mail you one, whats $0.35

shepherd79
02-23-2007, 08:49 AM
I just bought Tokicos and I have 4 cards, I only need one if you need one I'll mail you one, whats $0.35

what does it cover? read the final print and please tell us.

Bglad420
02-23-2007, 09:37 AM
Strait from the card and warranty paper:

"KEEP YOUR RECEIPT!

TOKICO's warranty is limited to the original purchaser. Processing any warranty claim requires a copy of the original invoice and/or your warranty card that will be on file after mailing back. Please see warranty card for more specifics of coverage and claim procedures.

INSTALLATION NOTES:

Removal and installation of complete struts / shocks are best done by professional technicians. When performing installation please follow according to factory manual. Many TOKICO shocks come with dust covers, while others are designed to re-use the original equipment dust cover. Failure to use dust covers where called for could cause premature failure and void the warrenty.

When removing the shocks, be certain that any mounting hardware, which must be re-used, is in good condition. If the piston rod is damaged as the result of using tools directley on the rod during instalation or removal, warranty will be denied. Stem mount bushings should not be over tightened as this can cause bushing failure or top stem snapping off.

LOWERING CAUTIONS:

If you are lowering your vehical or installing shocks on a lowered vehical, please read the following recomendations:

1. Do not remove or operate your vehical without bumpstops. If you need extra suspension travel, please shorten your bumpstops. A good guideline is 1/3" or 1/2" (maximum) of the bumpstop length.

2. Do not lower your vehical too far. It will give you a harsh ride and can damge shocks or other suspension parts. It can also make allignment difficult to impossible.

3. Avoid lowering where severe or rough roads are common.

YOUR TOKICO WARRANTY WILL BE VOID IF:

1. You lower your vehical too far (most cars can handle 1" to 1 3/4" maximum; some trucks can be lowered over 4" depending upon method).

2. You modify your shock or strut (an example would be aftermarket adjustable pringseats and collars).

*PLEASE SEE TOKICO WARRANTY CARD FOR MORE DETAIL.

Bglad420
02-23-2007, 09:38 AM
The card reads:

1. TOKICO Limited Warranty. TOKICO (USA) Inc. warrants its performance suspension products to the original retail purchaser against defects in materials and workamnship and wear-out when used on private passenger cars and light trucks under normal operating conditions for as long as such purchaser owns the vehical on which it was originally installed, exept on competition style coilovers which does not carry a lifetime warranty.

2. Exclusions from Warranty Coverage. The warranty does not apply outside the United states and Canada or to any units which (1) have been improperly installed or installed on vehicals which they were not designed, (2) have been modified, altered or subjected to misuse, negligence or accident on the vehical which installed, (3) are operated commercially, off the highway or for racing or (4) installed on excessively lowered vehicals.

3. TOKICO Warranty Obligation. TOKICO's obligation under this warranty is limited to the replacement of the defective or worn-out productcovered by this warranty. TOKICO has no obligation to bear any cost of removal or installation and will not be liable for any special, incedental or consequential damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incedential or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.

4. Warranty Claim Procedures. To make a claim under this warranty, return the defective or worn-out unit, with a photocopy of your invoice, to any dealer participating in TOKICO's warranty program or, alternatively, directly to TOKICO for verification of warranty covereage and exchange for a new unit. Any return must be accompanied by a return goods authorizationform and a statement containing the claiment's name, address, telephone number, date of purchase of the product, a brief description of the defect, if a defect is claimed, and a description of the vehical on which it was used, including make and model year. If a return is made directly to TOKICO, TOKICO will, upon verification of warranty coverage, within 60 days after TOKICO's receipt, send you a new unit in exchange for the retuned unit, and refund all cost of shipping the returned unit to TOKICO.

Returns or warranty-related inquiries to TOKICO should be addressed to TOKICO (USA) Inc., 550 W. Artesia Blvd., Compton, California 90220. Phone (800) 548-2549.

5. Rights of Purchase. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

Some one owes me, damn thats a long write up. Hope it helps you!

MessyHonda
02-23-2007, 10:05 AM
i guess tokico lowering springs is only good for 1 inch....so yeah anything over that you are pushing it.

shepherd79
02-23-2007, 05:50 PM
yeap, it is exactly what i said they would cover.
I am sure they can tell how low was your vehicle lowered by taking it apart and see where most of the wear happened.

MessyHonda
02-23-2007, 10:50 PM
i wonder if 1.5 springs would fly with them.