PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump

89 Ex-i
02-24-2007, 03:25 PM
This past week I was leaving work in my 89 Ex-i, and my car would not start. I have about an eighth of a tank left. I checked all fuses and they were fine. I'm not getting any power to my pump. (checked with a test light). So, I put it on a trailer and brought it to my mechanic. He confirmed that there was no power to the pump and went to the main relay. I jumped the main relay, and there is still no power to the pump. Then he unplugged the computer, and received intermittent power.
Any ideas? Im assuming its something in between the main relay and the computer.
Thanks

Ralph
02-24-2007, 07:41 PM
Yo did find out what was wrong with your car bcuz the same shit happen to my accord LXI on tuesday when I was pulling to my drive way I turn the steering wheel all the way to the left then the car turned off, I replaced the gas filter but still doesn't want to turned on!!!!!!! like WTF

MessyHonda
02-25-2007, 12:25 AM
check your wires and grounds.

89 Ex-i
02-25-2007, 08:09 AM
I never had the problem of turning left and my car dieing. My mechanic checked all the wiring and said that it was all fine. Im thinking that I should just replace the main relay and see what happens. Although I do not want to be just throwing parts at it since that can get expensive.

89 Ex-i
03-01-2007, 02:46 PM
So i turned out that the fuel pump was screwed and shorted out which blew the main relay. After a few hundred bucks the car is running great again.

MessyHonda
03-01-2007, 06:09 PM
So i turned out that the fuel pump was screwed and shorted out which blew the main relay. After a few hundred bucks the car is running great again.

sweet....but i never knew a main relay could blow up.

vongiese
03-02-2007, 08:37 PM
Pop the lid off that main relay and touch a hot soldering iron to all the connections and re-solder them .... chances are it'll work like a charm.
Been talked about on here....

89 Ex-i
03-03-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't have the old one anymore. I just got one at the wreckers for 20 bucks

vongiese
03-04-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't have the old one anymore. I just got one at the wreckers for 20 bucks

I'd still pop off the top of that used Relay and re-solder all those connections.....

Ralph
03-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Sorry guys for not answering back I'm been busy lately but yeah my car my car die just for turning left. I did a tune up to the car and started working but a week later on a cold morning going to school the car didn't want to start again I checked the engine from top to bottom but I don't know what is the problem. I changed the distributor cap, rotor, gas filter, spark plug and still the same. Can somebody HELP my accord PLEASE I been putting a lot of money to that car that i love to death!!!

By the way the car is leaking oil like CRAZY and everybody say's that is from the distributor. But how do I changed the O-ring or the distributor gastet?????

Ralph
03-07-2007, 05:05 PM
I never had the problem of turning left and my car dieing. My mechanic checked all the wiring and said that it was all fine. Im thinking that I should just replace the main relay and see what happens. Although I do not want to be just throwing parts at it since that can get expensive.

Sorry man for not answering back I'm been busy lately but yeah my car my car die just for turning left. I did a tune up to the car and started working but a week later on a cold morning going to school the car didn't want to start again I checked the engine from top to bottom but I don't know what is the problem. I changed the distributor cap, rotor, gas filter, spark plug and still the same. Can somebody HELP my accord PLEASE I been putting a lot of money to that car that i love to death!!!

By the way the car is leaking oil like CRAZY and everybody say's that is from the distributor. But how do I changed the O-ring or the distributor gastet?????

Ralph
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
check your wires and grounds.

Sorry guys for not answering back I'm been busy lately but yeah my car my car die just for turning left. I did a tune up to the car and started working but a week later on a cold morning going to school the car didn't want to start again I checked the engine from top to bottom but I don't know what is the problem. I changed the distributor cap, rotor, gas filter, spark plug and still the same. Can somebody HELP my accord PLEASE I been putting a lot of money to that car that i love to death!!!

89 Ex-i
04-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Since you are have problems with the car starting and suspect that the fuel pump is the problem, then tap on the fuel pump before you start it. When my car would not start, i would just pop the plate off that is over top of the fuel pump and just tap on it with a screwdriver. Some of the times this would work. But this is only a quick fix, your fuel pump will eventually quit. If that doesn't not start it, then my using a test light, find out if you are getting power to your pump. If you are, then the pump is malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. If you are not getting power, replace the main relay.