PDA

View Full Version : Problem Arises?!?!

PearlDrummer00
02-25-2007, 02:23 PM
well lets say i stomp on the gas...i have an auto btw.....anyway i stomp on the gas and the car downshifts right? well SOMETIMES when it down shifts, it feels as if i had a manual and clutch is slipping u know? Like u can hear the motor trying as hard as it can but im not going anywhere?! And while its floored and trying to "go" you can hear very tiny pops...like mini backfires but definatly not as violent if you kno what i mean. So does anyone have any Clue as to what the hells going on?

vongiese
02-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Sounds like it could be your tranny - do a search in this section and see what you can find. As long as your motor is running OK- tuned up recently, valves adjusted, etc.
Could also be a clogged catalytic converter... or a numbeer of other things for that matter....
Is your tranny fluid level OK? Are you using the right trany fluid?
mike

shepherd79
02-25-2007, 05:27 PM
1. check your timing.
2. do tranny flush.

PearlDrummer00
02-25-2007, 08:16 PM
yea ive adjusted timeing a few different times.....But i will check tranny fluid. Ive noticed that highway speeds are shifting kinda rough...

MessyHonda
02-26-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah time to swap to 5 speed

PearlDrummer00
02-26-2007, 05:37 PM
for sure...i have all the parts....im just looking for a new performance clutch... and i cant decide cuz i guess some places stopped makeing center force

cygnus x-1
02-26-2007, 06:47 PM
http://www.clutchnet.com

C|

PearlDrummer00
02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
well ive put tranny fluid in and toped it off and its still acting up. I was wondering if thise was some sort of a tps problem but i swaped it out for a different and it did the "needle jump at idle" thingy...could it be adjusted somehow?

MessyHonda
02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
did you check your timing?

skycam_313
02-27-2007, 08:44 PM
flush your tranny. i would know

btw carb or fi?

PearlDrummer00
03-01-2007, 07:07 PM
well its efi...but i dont understand how flushing the tranny would have benifits toward this problem??

accordmanracing
03-01-2007, 08:28 PM
:D You Say It Tries Hard To Go But Goes Nowhere And It Feels Like A Manual And The Clutch Is Slipping. Deffinatly Sounds Like The Tranny Is Going Out. I Have Been Through Several Automatics Before I Switched To Manual, But It Sounds As Though Some The Clutches Inside Your Automatic Might Be Worn Out. A Flush Might Help It Wash Some Of The Burned On Tarnish Off Those Clutches And Revive It.:thumbup:

shepherd79
03-02-2007, 05:38 AM
well its efi...but i dont understand how flushing the tranny would have benifits toward this problem??
by doing a flush, you will remove the oil tranny oil and clean it with special cleaner and put new oil back in. but i think in your case, i would just get a clutch and in stall the 5 speed.

Oldblueaccord
03-02-2007, 05:07 PM
well ive put tranny fluid in and toped it off and its still acting up. I was wondering if thise was some sort of a tps problem but i swaped it out for a different and it did the "needle jump at idle" thingy...could it be adjusted somehow?

If you mean the tach needle was jumping ??

Thats a problem with the distributor then more then anything. Do a search there been some post about it but not lately.

wp

PearlDrummer00
03-02-2007, 05:45 PM
thanks every one. I'll do a tranny flush if i dont do the swap before hand lol