PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Water Pipe replacement ?

A20A1
02-26-2007, 01:50 PM
I see people having trouble with their waterpipe... I know some of you have skills fabbing up peices in aluminum. So what about an aluminum cap insert for the funnel part that mates up against the fins of the water pump and make an aluminum pipe off the cap and then weld on bung holes for each fitting.

SQ is the SQUAD
02-28-2007, 06:31 PM
if someone make a new waterpipe make it so it head twords the fire wall a few inches so those who want to do an odb1 conversion will have some room

lostforawhile
02-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I see people having trouble with their waterpipe... I know some of you have skills fabbing up peices in aluminum. So what about an aluminum cap insert for the funnel part that mates up against the fins of the water pump and make an aluminum pipe off the cap and then weld on bung holes for each fitting.
when I get a chance to find a used one,I'll look into it. I was thinking the end that went into the water pump just had an o ring.

A20A1
02-28-2007, 06:47 PM
lol yeah I guess it does oh well, hrm, that makes thing easier I guess.

I thought the pipe had a funnel on the end thats why it was so hard to remove the bugger. I really need another A20... I'm losing the clarity I once had. :)

Pico
02-28-2007, 06:56 PM
when I get a chance to find a used one,I'll look into it. I was thinking the end that went into the water pump just had an o ring.
Your right it does have a o-ring to seal the pipe in. I just replaced mine when I did the engine rebuild