PDA

View Full Version : 90-93 isuzu impulse rs fuel tank.

Vector
02-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Weeeeeelllll, it has come down to this.... i know this is probably way off topic(didn't know where else to post on this site) but here goes. if anyone has experience with these things and can possibly direct me to where i can find pics or dimensions and or measurements for one of one, it would help me soooooooooo much. i searched Google for i don't know how long and cant find pics or anything on the stupid thing. all i could find is that its capacity:

impulse: 12.4 gallons.
accord: 16 gallons.

as some or little, maybe no one knows me yet lol, i have a 88 hatch thats nearing completion. A lot of time and a decent amount of money have gone into this car and I'm almost finished.

the car was carb'd when i got it, but isn't anymore due to efi upgrade, so I've been driving and auto crossing on the carb'd tank with a half bent fuel pump assembly with a efi pump zip tied to it so it would fit in the tank :Owned: . If it gets near half tank of gas, under hard corning, the car runs out of gas... so only way to be guaranteed that i can race all out without this problem the tank must be filled to the top, which blows because thats a shit load of extra weight that doesn't need to be there in the first place.

i have looked and looked for a efi tank for my car, think i can find just the tank around here in kelowna.... NOPE, closest i cold find is a 88 EX-i car for 275 bucks that was sitting for 5 years in some guys back yard and has weeds and shit growing through the floor with almost 400k on it :wtf:. only god knows what it looks like underneath.

so, that brings me to the question above, i want to shove a impulse RS fuel tank into my car. fuel filler is in roughly the same location, and is 4 gallons smaller than the accord tank which is actually kinda nice if i can make it fit.

PS: if i actually do get the tank, it comes complete with sending unit and assembly, misc hoses and straps with a walbro 255 pump for 50 bucks.(guys RS came with one already, turns out he doesn't need it)

86AccordLxi
02-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Is a fuel cell out of the question?

Alex

Vector
02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
that would be sweet, but i don't have the money for one right now.:violin:
i just want the car done.

Vanilla Sky
02-28-2007, 07:19 AM
have you tried the parts store?

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=1296&ptset=A&searchfor=Fuel+Tank%2fSending+Units

of course that's the US dollar at a US supply house. parts america is the online store for Advance Auto Parts, Checker Auto Parts, Schuck’s Auto Supply and Kragen Auto Parts. i'm sure you can find similar prices in canada, though.

race12001
02-28-2007, 07:32 AM
heres my secret its a web site called www.car-parts.com (http://www.car-parts.com) its all the jy in a certian net work just search for what you need and it shows you what they got

shepherd79
02-28-2007, 07:47 AM
how about this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ACCORD-NEW-GAS-FUEL-TANK-1986-1989-86-87-88-89_W0QQitemZ170069754763QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33556QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

here is the same on on canadian ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/HONDA-ACCORD-NEW-GAS-FUEL-TANK-1986-1989-86-87-88-89_W0QQitemZ170069754763QQihZ007QQcategoryZ33556QQ rdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Vector
02-28-2007, 10:45 AM
thanks guys for the replies, i would like to stay away from eBay, i don't have paypal, credit card, or cheques, so i would prefer to buy locally.

the website that race12001 suggested is cool, i actually found that one along time ago, and i tell you that i felt like a retard that i couldn't actually remember something as simple as www.car-parts.com.... lol.

besides, putting another accord tank in the car is to easy haha, wheres the fun in that?
this tank is smaller, if its dimensions all the way around are smaller, then it should fit with minor modifications.

thanks for taking the time to look up that stuff for me, now that i have that car parts site back i will be using that.

thanks for your time
chris

Bglad420
02-28-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm putting a fuel cell in my 88 hatch its FI, you can have the tank for a good price. Let me know if your interested.