PDA

View Full Version : Whuts up with new Engines!?!?

Tomisimo
02-28-2007, 12:15 PM
I was on YJ today and i spotid a Accord V-gen. With a F18a3. Whuts up with those engines? they only have 116 HP, our A20 have 122HP on 12 valve, And i sein one CR-V with a B20a4 which have no more then 120HP. or Prelude with F20a4 = 137HP (so whut?) our B20a have 136HP JDM was at 166HP. Dont get those new engines.
So basicly its no use to swap non V-Tec Engine at all!?
The way i se it is thet only benefit with all B-series; F-series and other ones, thet it would be much easyer to find bolt one kits like torbo, forget parts, manegment systems and so on & on...

MessyHonda
02-28-2007, 12:52 PM
well new engines use less gas making them better for new heavy cars....my friends car gets 38mpg.....i get lucky and get 32mpg....her car has 130hp...so yeah did you find any good accord parts for us?

Tomisimo
02-28-2007, 01:06 PM
well new engines use less gas making them better for new heavy cars....my friends car gets 38mpg.....i get lucky and get 32mpg....her car has 130hp...so yeah did you find any good accord parts for us?
No :ugh:, he i was tho is just stupid, i told hem to take keare of 3Geez for parts. but he just smashes them in to a brick bastard... but i'm trien best i can.
Yeah those shold be more econmical and enwiermant friendly... Well i'll gona be on the look out for a Vtec engine.

snoopyloopy
02-28-2007, 02:19 PM
are those engines with reguler vtec, vtc, i-vtec, or vtec-e? there is a difference.

shepherd79
02-28-2007, 02:34 PM
European engine are weird. for some reason European can makers like to use smaller engine for better gas mileage and better emissions since Europe is worse than California on emissions.

rjudgey
02-28-2007, 04:04 PM
It's not because of emissions your emissions are tougher it's because we pay twice the price for petrol compared to you guy's so we want an engine that can go for twice as long to make up for it!! I'm Diesel and have both of best worlds economy and loads of torque and BHP!!!

shepherd79
02-28-2007, 04:16 PM
It's not because of emissions your emissions are tougher it's because we pay twice the price for petrol compared to you guy's so we want an engine that can go for twice as long to make up for it!! I'm Diesel and have both of best worlds economy and loads of torque and BHP!!!
i always thought that europe had higher emission standarts.
i know about the gas prices.

Tomisimo
03-01-2007, 07:22 AM
European engine are weird. for some reason European can makers like to use smaller engine for better gas mileage and better emissions since Europe is worse than California on emissions.

They are weird, We run our motors on more actane jusis, 95/98. thet give our engines more power, but they are stil week...

Tomisimo
03-01-2007, 07:24 AM
are those engines with reguler vtec, vtc, i-vtec, or vtec-e? there is a difference.
Thouse are no Vtec engines, just regular engines 16V

thegreatdane
03-02-2007, 06:08 AM
They are weird, We run our motors on more actane jusis, 95/98. thet give our engines more power, but they are stil week...

US and european octane numbers cant be directly compared as they are not measured the same way. US octane 87 is about the same as european octane 92.

rjudgey
03-02-2007, 04:23 PM
When did you get a B20A lude?

Swiss emissions might be tougher but generally in europe there pretty easy going especially as you have to have everythign carb approved and stamped!!

In U.K. as long as it has less than 3% CO2 at idle and it does't smoke it pass's and i can have what ever i want on there, headers, exhaust, carb or custom, weber what ever size, ITB's, custom ECU, Custom ignition, as long as the CO2 is low they don't care!! Generally mine pass's emissisions at about 1.5% which is pretty much on par with most newish car engines. It's when i put my foot down that it might get a bit bad ;0)