PDA

View Full Version : New colorado members

dr_chocolate513
02-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Whats up 3geez!! I just recently purchaces my first 3gee Accord on the 2 of Feb. I pretty much posted my first gallery to get feedback from other Accord lovers and get some ideas on tuning and styling. I only paid 1000 bucks for the car and just wanted to get some feedback on how my first grand I want to put into the car should be spent. So please feel free to comment on my work in progress. So holla at me.

MessyHonda
02-07-2007, 10:11 AM
check out the stickies....you can get a CAI, headers, cam, a better coil for under 1k

shepherd79
02-07-2007, 10:47 AM
it all depends what you want from your car.
If you want reliable daily driver that has a little more up and go and better fuel economy than you should get this parts: header, full exhaust with new catalitic converter, Cold air intake, and aftermarket coil and major tune up. that should give you nice responce. don't expect anything big as far as HP gains. Stay away from aftermarket cams if you want fuel economy.

If you want power, everything i listed above with nice mild or stage 2 cam will do a trick.
bolt ons will get only get you so far. for extra power you will have to rebuild the engine and cylinder head. and go from there.
turbo chargers are an option on stock engine up to 8psi anything above that and you have to convert to OBD1 for proper tunning.

dr_chocolate513
02-08-2007, 01:57 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys. i am aiming toward a reliable daliy driver first. then maybe the power route. how easy is it do perform a tune up on these cars?? holla back

Pico
02-08-2007, 02:05 PM
tune up real simple to do, everything is right in front. :D

MessyHonda
02-08-2007, 02:09 PM
yeah...tune up is not hard. change the oil, oil filter, spark plugs and wires. maybe the trans oil if you dont know when was the last time they did it.

dr_chocolate513
02-11-2007, 01:06 PM
whats up fellas. hey how and where do you check the transmission fluid and oil?? Ive looked in the manual for some help and i still cannot find it?? let me know asap. peace

ghettogeddy
02-11-2007, 01:18 PM
jack the car up at all 4 corners to level it out take the pass side tire off there should be a large bolt in sight on the tranny pull it off and stick your finger in there and check it for metal shavings and smell it to see if its burnt most likly it is, do u have a 5speed or auto

dr_chocolate513
02-11-2007, 01:33 PM
I have an automatic. My car when it shifts into second gear revs really high with loss of power and then when it finally shifts into secong gear it runs normal again. Its pretty weird. What should I do??

ghettogeddy
02-11-2007, 01:41 PM
sounds like the tranny is slipping or your really stepping on it lol if u have some money take it to a tranny shop and have them look at it to see what it is

dr_chocolate513
02-11-2007, 03:37 PM
cool i am gonna get a diagnostic done on it tomorrow. hey now i am having another problem. my temp guage is reading that my engine is running hot but my car is not. coolant is full in both the radiator and the coolant tank. i just cleaned my engine i am thinking that may have something to do with it. any advice to lead me in the right direction?? thanks for all the help and suggestions all you guys have gave e to me. this site is the Sh!t.

89T
02-11-2007, 03:41 PM
where you at in colorado?

dr_chocolate513
02-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I am in colorado springs. but i am always in denver all the time. my girlfriend lives there. and you??

89T
02-11-2007, 03:53 PM
da springs. on the westside.

ghettogeddy
02-11-2007, 04:19 PM
cool i am gonna get a diagnostic done on it tomorrow. hey now i am having another problem. my temp guage is reading that my engine is running hot but my car is not. coolant is full in both the radiator and the coolant tank. i just cleaned my engine i am thinking that may have something to do with it. any advice to lead me in the right direction?? thanks for all the help and suggestions all you guys have gave e to me. this site is the Sh!t.
its your thermostat. its and easy cheap fix, just go get a tstat from a parts store, and dont for get to get the gasket. its only held on by 2 bolts, so it shouldn't take to long. to find it follow the top rad house to the engine and thats were the tstat is

bullard123
02-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Whats up dude im in the Springs too. Looks like we need to get another meet scheduled lol. Cause im going to have my hatch back from the shop hopefully this week!

dr_chocolate513
02-11-2007, 06:42 PM
cool. yeah we are gonna have too meet up. plus i am new import scenes so i need some ideas anyway. so just holla at me.

ghettogeddy
02-11-2007, 07:07 PM
cool. yeah we are gonna have too meet up. plus i am new import scenes so i need some ideas anyway. so just holla at me.hahahahahaha welcome to the 3geez scene its a lil dif then the IMPORT scene!!!:welcome:

89T
02-11-2007, 07:28 PM
bullard did you take it to revolutions?

MessyHonda
02-11-2007, 09:00 PM
w i am having another problem. my temp guage is reading that my engine is running hot but my car is not. coolant is full in both the radiator and the coolant tank. i just cleaned my engine i am thinking that may have something to do with it. any advice to lead me in the right direction?? thanks for all the help and suggestions all you guys have gave e to me. this site is the Sh!t.

yup termostat....i had a new rad, water pump and i bypassed the fans...and it still read hot....so i went to honda 10.88 later i had a new termostat and gasket...and 20 mins later i installed it fill it up with coolent and took out the air from the system and bam....it worked....now my car warms up faster...and the heater does not take forever to kick in

hotdoghogie
02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
i have your cars twin in my garage... our second 3 gee is our family car... its way slower then my hatch gee but it gets the job done

A20A1
02-14-2007, 03:54 AM
whats up fellas. hey how and where do you check the transmission fluid and oil?? Ive looked in the manual for some help and i still cannot find it?? let me know asap. peace

I have an automatic. My car when it shifts into second gear revs really high with loss of power and then when it finally shifts into secong gear it runs normal again. Its pretty weird. What should I do??

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40885 read that thread, it has some info on the Auto Trans.

dr_chocolate513
02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Hey whats up fella!! I changed the thermostat, gasket and refilled coolant and let the air out of the system and my temp guage still reads hot!!! The car heats up instanly and the heater blows hotter than Iraq!! LOL!! Give me some feedback fellas whenever you can. Peace.

A20A1
02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Is your fans working? Which thermostat did you get, I think there were two kinds that open at different temps.

dr_chocolate513
02-26-2007, 04:28 PM
My fans are working too. I bought the duralast 180 degree one at autozone that meets oem requirements.

MessyHonda
02-27-2007, 01:59 AM
My fans are working too. I bought the duralast 180 degree one at autozone that meets oem requirements.

i would stick to Honda OEM one...i paid like 10.88 with gasket. it helped me. also...your radiator might be pluged

estevana
03-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey guys, new member here. I got a 87 accord lx, with a A20 thats has about 50,000, free from family. It'd be a good daily but i want more! I'm picking it up today from my friend who just put in a pacesetter header, pacesetter catback exhaust, test pipe, and stage 2 colt cam with wild grind(thanks shep for the parts and advice), and rocker arms. I also just changed all belts including the timing belt. I am putting a 38/38 weber carb next week, so he got the stock carb to idle decent for now. I got ngk wires and plugs on order and i think thats it as far as the engine goes for now.
I've fixed most of the little things that were wrong, like broken lights and housings. I just put in a new pioneer stereo and alpine speakers, along with sirius and an ipod adpator. I still got to put the h4 conversion lights in this weekend.
I will post some pics as soon as i can but i still need some body work done. My dad cracked the rear bumper, front bumper, dented rear driver side door, and i need a new hood. Good news is i got a line on a front bumper and hood, matching color. when i do get the front bumper i want to pick up a lip. not sure if i'm gonna get rims yet cuz i might run out of money by that time and have to get them later in the year.
When i post pics i will list everything i have done so far. So anyone have anymore ideas for me?
By the way, is it just me or do most women not understand men and their cars? Everyone(well women) keep asking why i'm dumping 5 grand in an old car. This was my first car till i blew the motor(i was 18, but i did get on my knees and begged god why, plus i apologized several times to her and in my heart i know she has forgiven me:) ) and my parents bought it off me. Do they not understand the love a man has for his first car? do they not realize the freedom that car brought a 16 year old boy? if she could talk, my wife would kill me!:devil:
anyway, thanks for the input and i hope to have pics up by monday.

MessyHonda
03-01-2007, 09:13 AM
:welcome: your car is going to be much faster with all those mods. cant wait for the pics.

A20A1
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Yay 38 weber
can't wait to see pics :)

Cheeseburger
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
welcome to the site!

Pico
03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
:welcome:
Cant wait to see the pics...:D

bullard123
03-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Welcome. What part of Colorado are you from?

snoopyloopy
03-01-2007, 04:00 PM
:welcome:
and looks like you're already on the right track with your mods. looks good so far.

estevana
03-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Well, as i figured, car just had bad, bad idle with stock carb. I left it at my buddy's shop till we get the carb in next week. I live about 45 minutes south of alamosa. God, i miss my car, been without her for a week!! So pics are postponed till next week some time, sorry.

snoopyloopy
03-02-2007, 05:46 PM
sweet. now get us some pix of this beast so we can drool.

dr_chocolate513
03-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Whats up 3geez!! Yo I am up here in the snow in Colorado. It was a snow storm the other day and my car slide into a card pretty damn hard and knocked my alingment off. I went to get a alingment at Firestone and they let me know that i need some suspension work dont to my ride. I noticed the clicking noise when i first bought my car but i thought it was the cv joints. But thats no the case. These guys said I need to replace my upper contol arms both right(front) and left(front) as well as a upper control arm bushing kit!! Can you please lead a brotha in the right direction because i know i can find those parts cheaper than $842.44!!!!! Peace

LX-incredible
03-05-2007, 08:09 PM
Hey whats up fella!! I changed the thermostat, gasket and refilled coolant and let the air out of the system and my temp guage still reads hot!!! The car heats up instanly and the heater blows hotter than Iraq!! LOL!! Give me some feedback fellas whenever you can. Peace.
I had this same problem, changed the thermostat, and it still read hot. It was the connection on the thermostat pipe for the temp sender. There are 3 sensors, the one with a single wire is it. Unplug, clean, and DRY THOROUGHLY. This solved it for me.:)

LX-incredible
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Whats up 3geez!! Yo I am up here in the snow in Colorado. It was a snow storm the other day and my car slide into a card pretty damn hard and knocked my alingment off. I went to get a alingment at Firestone and they let me know that i need some suspension work dont to my ride. I noticed the clicking noise when i first bought my car but i thought it was the cv joints. But thats no the case. These guys said I need to replace my upper contol arms both right(front) and left(front) as well as a upper control arm bushing kit!! Can you please lead a brotha in the right direction because i know i can find those parts cheaper than $842.44!!!!! Peace
$842.44! That is waaaay to steeeep.
Try the online parts stores: http://catalog.autohausaz.com/autohausaz/detailw.jsp?sid=ikrxmpmbn43rbgncoqlmus55&partner=autohausaz&year=1988&make=HO&model=ACC-LXI2-001&category=L2000&part=Control%20Arm
Only use the honda bushings: http://www.thehondapartsstore.com/herson/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=ACCORD&catcgry2=1988&catcgry3=2DR+LXI&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=FRONT+KNUCKLE-BRAKE+DISK&ListAll=All&vinsrch=no For both sides you need 4 of each: 15, 16, 31, and 2 of: 22

MessyHonda
03-05-2007, 09:44 PM

they sale some upper control arms on ebay....you can also get the whole set with all bushings and everything for like 200 bucks.

estevana
03-06-2007, 06:26 PM
i Hope to have my car back on friday and will post pics then

estevana
03-16-2007, 10:03 PM
I finally got my car back today and if your wondering what i have done to it, read the top of the page. I had to notch the bracket so the exhaust would quit rubbing and making nasty noises. I was only able to take pics of the engine seeing as it was night. Tomorrow I will be getting my windows tinted and hopefully 17" rims. I'll post more pics as I take them.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/engine3.jpg
The Weber 38!! I will be ordering a Ramflo a.s.a.p
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/engine2.jpg
I know, I know, its dirty but thats why its called a work in progress! Not everyones engine bay can look like picopop's!!
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/engine1.jpg
I did take out the black box right after taking the pics and I replaced my battery terminals, so no crap about the corrosion. As you can see the lovely black paint burnt off the headers! gotta love :gun: pacesetter

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Looks like a good start, did you get in om the cam gear group buy?

estevana
03-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Looks like a good start, did you get in om the cam gear group buy?

No, not yet, gotta make sure I have the money before i go in. I know I will get the most out of my mods if I get one

MessyHonda
03-16-2007, 10:35 PM
nice but clean that engine bay.

estevana
03-16-2007, 10:37 PM
nice but clean that engine bay.

:omg: Did you just say thought? Wow, it must be dirtier then I thought!!

MessyHonda
03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
:omg: Did you just say thought? Wow, it must be dirtier then I thought!!

i like the mods....but some degreaser would help out clean out that engine. just remember to cover your carb and dizzy cuz you dont want water getting into thoes.

this was my engine bay when i got the car
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/DSCF1971Small.jpg
and this is now how i got it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Messybone/LX-i/DSCF2568Medium.jpg

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-16-2007, 10:43 PM
What are you planning on doing next or in the future? What are your goals?

snoopyloopy
03-16-2007, 10:47 PM
wow, messy. that's like black hole and center of the sun! good job!

estevana
03-16-2007, 10:52 PM
i like the mods....but some degreaser would help out clean out that engine. just remember to cover your carb and dizzy cuz you dont want water getting into thoes.

Nice job! So then why the name Messy, if your no Messy? I think Sunday, i will deep clean the engine and engine bay. Tomorrow I just might, if i have plastic bags, wash it out at the car wash just to get more the cake on stuff off. I heard simple green works wonders

estevana
03-16-2007, 10:56 PM
What are you planning on doing next or in the future? What are your goals?

I think thats all for performance for the time being, I'm kinda running out of money. I am going to paint the mouldings and replace the rear bumper. I have a oem spoiler that i need to paint and mount. I got the ngk wires and plugs waiting to be installed. Switching to mobil 1 on the next oil change. I already have a good stereo and speakers, so thats covered. Tint and maybe rims tomorrow. I also put the h4 headlights on tonight. I think thats about it for now. If i do any more performance mods, I'm just gonna get a another engine and rebuild that from the ground up.

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-16-2007, 11:21 PM
You should get a motor from the junkyard and rebuild it and have some head work done also. You have most of the bolt-ons other then a cam gear, blaster coil, ect. Other then that stuff you might want to look into suspension mods like lower it a little, strut bars, tie bars, SE-i rear discs, better rotors and pads (If you make your car go faster you also want it to slow faster or things might get ugly). And as far as looks go maybe look into window visors, JDM corner lights, tinted tail lights, ect. Your off to a good start, im interested to see what it looks like a few months from now. Also you can do some things to help make the engine bay a little cleaner and easier to work on and the car a little lighter if you remove things like A/C, cruise control and P/S, it all depends on if you use the stuff or not, if you use it dont remove it but if you dont then why not. I never used my A/C or cruise control so i just removed it, and im going to remove the P/S when i put the new motor in.

estevana
03-16-2007, 11:33 PM
I have an extra head i bought off of Shepard79 that I'm thinking about sending off to get port & polish. My dad has a 88 3geez and I just noticed the other day he has the smoked corner lights and clear bumper lights, so i'm thinking about jacking those from him. I'm gonna pop off the crusie cuz, well with the Weber in there, theres no more vac lines, so it doesn't work anyway. Oh, I just got in on the group buy for cam gears.

I'm still not sure about rims yet cuz I have the rims that have the H in the center and I was thinking of keeping them. I'm only looking at 17's cuz my bro in-law is selling his for $400 with tires. The next upgrade I know I have to make is the rotors and pads, even today I noticed I was having to mash the brakes. Thanks for the advice and I'll make sure to keep everyone posted as I add to the car.

MessyHonda
03-17-2007, 08:32 AM
yeah next time tackle the suspension...these cars run good with a nice set up

estevana
03-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Alright, finely some pics of the outside of my car. I need to tune the carb cuz it ran good but was running really rich. I got 250 miles on 3/4 of a tank, not good.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/0318070847.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/0318070844a.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/0318070844.jpg

Pico
03-18-2007, 02:30 PM
:thumbup:
May I be the first to say this .....
Needs To Be Lowered....lol
Looks good Bro, what size wheels are those?

estevana
03-18-2007, 02:41 PM
:thumbup:
May I be the first to say this .....
Looks good Bro, what size wheels are those?

Thanks. I'm thinking about lowering it but i live in farm country, so they are lots of ruff dirt roads, so still debating.

They are 17" Konig Reason with Kumho 215/40

frantik
03-18-2007, 02:48 PM
:kekeke: it's funny once you lower your 3gee, stock 3geez look like they're on truck suspensions or something :D

estevana
03-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Oh, and here is what my car looked like before the window tint and rims:)
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/outside1.jpg

LiTtLe xOx BitT
03-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Any engine pics with the box removed and engine bay cleaned?

2drSE-i
03-18-2007, 08:30 PM
:kekeke: it's funny once you lower your 3gee, stock 3geez look like they're on truck suspensions or something :D

ive been lowered for a day and already i caught myself thinking "why is this fools car so high!?"

A20A1
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/estevana/engine1.jpg

Is your throttle cable rubbing the cable shaft where you have it installed on the bracket.

Most times with the webers we had to drill a new hole and slot for the throttle cable to sit lower that way reducing the rub of the throttle cable on the cable shaft.

Too high
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3649

Just right
http://www.3geez.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3663

estevana
03-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Is your throttle cable rubbing the cable shaft where you have it installed on the bracket.
Most times with the webers we had to drill a new hole and slot for the throttle cable to sit lower that way reducing the rub of the throttle cable on the cable shaft.

It lined up pretty straight without drilling a hole and slot. Hmm, i think it did, damnit. I'll double check that tomorrow. Heres the link to my update thread since my thread got combined with dr's

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58930

MessyHonda
03-18-2007, 11:10 PM

yeah....today i was parking next to my dx...and i was like damn that shit is high..the top of the my door panel was like on the door handle on my dx.