PDA

View Full Version : Accord Wagon Problems :(

Steve_Si
03-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Thought I would repost this here as you guys seem to know your stuff. It ain't a 3g but it's still Honda :P

Had the cambelt, auto tensioner, water pump, balancer shaft belt etc etc replaced today.

I didn't pick the car up until after the mechanics had closed. Now it seems to have lost most of it's power. It's has difficulty reving and eventually didn't want to go faster than about 20km/hour. It was as if I had an 800cc motor in there or something :(

The engine check light still acts as normal. I'm gonna try and find the jumper that makes the light flash anyway, just in case there is something minor which hasn't set the light off.

The car is a 1998 Honda Accord Wagon CF2 (CD shape) with factory H22A.

I guess they put the belt on without checking alignment or something?

Steve_Si
03-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh and I can't find the service connector to make the engine check light flash :(

86AccordLxi
03-01-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, sorta sounds like the timing is off.

Alex

shepherd79
03-02-2007, 05:25 AM
that car is OBD2, you need OBD2 scanner. the connector is under driver left foot.
you can't use jumper method with that system.

i think they put timing belt wrong. it may be a few teeth off.

Vanilla Sky
03-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Agreed, I think your timing is off as well. Take it back and make them fix it.

carotman
03-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Yup, they installed the timing belt wrong. My guess is that it's a tooth off on one of the cams (or even both). I hope it didn't smash the valves. If it's only a tooth it should be ok. In any case, it's their bad.

Blkblurr
03-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Agreed. Timing belt is installed wrong. Should be able to check it with a timing light or take the timing belt cover off with cyl 1 at TDC. Of course I would take it to the place that did it and have them fix it. Good to know what it is though so they can't say something else caused it and make you pay.

Steve_Si
03-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Cheers guys. This workshop is normally good when it comes to putting things right.

They don't have much choice anyway, they are a Motor Trade Association member so I can just complain to the MTA if they try to bullshit me.

race12001
03-02-2007, 10:58 AM
well that all and good we aint got nothin like that over here and yea i agree with the rest timming belt

Steve_Si
03-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Well I took it back and they fixed it without making a fuss.

It goes great again :D