PDA

View Full Version : civic rotors with legend calipers

newaccorddriver
03-02-2007, 07:30 PM
im considering doing this mod as soon as i get my SEI brakes cleaned up. is there any other year of a civic i could grab rotors off of asides from a 2000 model? any range of years preferably, and also which trim model? we have the Si in canada, but its not so much of the DOHC version, unless your referring to the SiR model which has the DOHC motor

MessyHonda
03-03-2007, 12:18 AM
i would upgrade the front like legends set up. he has 1st gen legend rotors redrilled to 4x100 with type R calipers.

newaccorddriver
03-03-2007, 09:02 AM
i would upgrade the front like legends set up. he has 1st gen legend rotors redrilled to 4x100 with type R calipers.

i was going to do that soon enougn anyways. i know what is needed for the front brakes, but i was wondering about the rear rotors.

has legend not found a suitable rotor that doesnt have to be redrilled for the fronts yet?

Oldblueaccord
03-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Im going to answer no the the fronts. There looking at other rotors but none that I have found would work or are easy to get if were talking the 11" rotors. Fastbrakes.com has all that stuff and it afordable as well. If you wanted to you could buy your own Type r rotor and drill the holes yourself.

As far other cars fronts(10.3") that work there many. I think the normal Acura cars rotor will work as well since the offset is so slightly differant. I was going to use them when I was looking for upgraded rotors like cyro treatment and such. But no I think someone does our rotors any way you would want them so there's no need unless price is a differance.

wp

MessyHonda
03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
i was going to do that soon enougn anyways. i know what is needed for the front brakes, but i was wondering about the rear rotors.
has legend not found a suitable rotor that doesnt have to be redrilled for the fronts yet?

yeah he found out that some rear rotor work with some mods. but the front yeah you will have to get it redrilled or take it to a machine shop to do it for you....you got to remember nothing is bolt on on a 20+ year old car. unless you have the money to go try out all the civic rotors on your car.

newaccorddriver
03-03-2007, 07:44 PM
unless you have the money to go try out all the civic rotors on your car.

he said that the 2000 civic Si rotors work with our cars on legend calipers. in canada, the 2000 civic Si is like any other civic on the road, except it has VTEC. we have the civic SiR up here which has the B16 engine in it. if hes talking about the civic with the B16 engine in it, then i know which civic i need rotors off of

newaccorddriver
03-04-2007, 06:17 PM
i just looked on napas website about the specs on some brake rotors, im pretty sure the rotors i need are the ones that are 10.3" from a 2001-2005 or so civic SiR right? the 2000 ones seem to be 9.4" or so

Oldblueaccord
03-05-2007, 12:10 AM
http://www.buybrakes.com/store/BR25331

seems like its the interga rotor and 50 other honda cars. SHould be easy to find.

wp

Legend_master
03-07-2007, 08:39 AM
he said that the 2000 civic Si rotors work with our cars on legend calipers. in canada, the 2000 civic Si is like any other civic on the road, except it has VTEC. we have the civic SiR up here which has the B16 engine in it. if hes talking about the civic with the B16 engine in it, then i know which civic i need rotors off of

Actually for the rear, you guys read my thread wrong. They are the rotors off a big brake kit for the civic. I even posted a link the company I get them from. They are made by powerslot. THE FACTORY CIVIC ROTORS ARE TO SMALL. They must be the 11" powerslot rotors.

newaccorddriver
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Actually for the rear, you guys read my thread wrong. They are the rotors off a big brake kit for the civic. I even posted a link the company I get them from. They are made by powerslot. THE FACTORY CIVIC ROTORS ARE TO SMALL. They must be the 11" powerslot rotors.

i was aiming for the 10.3" options before i move onto the 11" options...

so would rotors from one of the newer civic SiR's work? im not talking about the current generation of civics

Legend_master
03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
i was aiming for the 10.3" options before i move onto the 11" options...
so would rotors from one of the newer civic SiR's work? im not talking about the current generation of civics

They will bolt onto the hub, but the legend caliper will be to large. The 11" rotors work perfect for the Legend calipers. I bolted the EP3 01-03 CIvic SI rear rotors that were 10.3" onto the hub with the legend calipers and this is what I got.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/3511d56c.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/e0604cd4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/10.jpg

This civic
http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/07/mugencivicsi03_01.jpg

newaccorddriver
03-07-2007, 06:41 PM
id still be able to use the 10.3 rotors stilll though wouldnt i?

id like to move up in the spending world, not immediately spend a lump sum on it. i also want to shop around at first to see where i can buy powerslot items locally before i order online

and that civic there is exactly what i had in mind:)

Legend_master
03-07-2007, 06:49 PM
id still be able to use the 10.3 rotors stilll though wouldnt i?
id like to move up in the spending world, not immediately spend a lump sum on it. i also want to shop around at first to see where i can buy powerslot items locally before i order online
and that civic there is exactly what i had in mind:)

Nope you couldent use it unless you modified the Legend caliper bracket to move the caliper closer to the rotor. I only paid $100.00 a rotor for the power slot stuff. If you get the the power slot rotor it has to be for the 2000 model and down civics. That is the body style before the one I posted a picture of.

MessyHonda
03-08-2007, 08:05 AM
just use your stock set up for now....i like mine even tho they are a bit small...i will upgrade after i start making real power......120hp can be stoped with just the regular Stock set up.

newaccorddriver
03-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Nope you couldent use it unless you modified the Legend caliper bracket to move the caliper closer to the rotor. I only paid $100.00 a rotor for the power slot stuff. If you get the the power slot rotor it has to be for the 2000 model and down civics. That is the body style before the one I posted a picture of.

i can probably order the rotors themselves from anyone that deals with power slot stuff right?

why cant i use those 10.3 rotors without modifying the brackets? i thought the only difference would be less surface area that gets clamped onto.

newaccorddriver
03-08-2007, 02:50 PM
just use your stock set up for now....i like mine even tho they are a bit small...i will upgrade after i start making real power......120hp can be stoped with just the regular Stock set up.

the reason why im doing this is because im getting ready all my parts that i have for my accord soon. and i dont plan on making 120hp after sinking 4k into the motor:kekeke:

Legend_master
03-08-2007, 03:04 PM
i can probably order the rotors themselves from anyone that deals with power slot stuff right?
why cant i use those 10.3 rotors without modifying the brackets? i thought the only difference would be less surface area that gets clamped onto.

Yea it's just a replacement rotor for a big brake kit (make sure to use the item # I posted in my thread). If you look at where the caliper is in relation to the rotor in the pictures I posted, the pad would be hanging half way off the rotor. That means they would fold in over the top of the rotor the first time you pushed the brake rotor down.

newaccorddriver
03-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Yea it's just a replacement rotor for a big brake kit (make sure to use the item # I posted in my thread). If you look at where the caliper is in relation to the rotor in the pictures I posted, the pad would be hanging half way off the rotor. That means they would fold in over the top of the rotor the first time you pushed the brake rotor down.

makes perfect sense now. thanks for clearifying it for me. as far as ordering the rotors goes, wouldnt the left and the right side be the same anyways?

MessyHonda
03-08-2007, 06:36 PM
makes perfect sense now. thanks for clearifying it for me. as far as ordering the rotors goes, wouldnt the left and the right side be the same anyways?

some rotors are unidirectional....when i got mine it had a sticker that said left and the other one said right.

Legend_master
03-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Nope there is a left and a right. It makes a difference on the direction of the slots on the rotor.

EDIT: messy beat me to it