PDA

View Full Version : TWIN DUAL WEBER 40 45 DCOE HELP / OR IS 32/36 , 38 WEBER A BETTER CHOICE?

89HatchAzn
09-06-2002, 09:35 PM
Ok...I need to know about Duel Webers. What size webers and all of that good stuff. Which place should I get them from. Which brand should I get. Do I have to get to single webers and do some kind of tricked out conversion? I need everything on th duel webers....from how much work is needed and what kind of work.

Please help. Thanks

A20A1
09-06-2002, 09:40 PM
THE CARB
2 - 45mm DCOE Webers
the rest you'll have to look up. Phydeux did the conversion... just do a search for dual webers or dcoe

Site
09-07-2002, 06:39 AM
The tough part will be having the intake manifold custom made. No one makes a sidedraft manifold for our cars. Search through Phydeaux's posts for the word "manifold". There are three parts to his discussion on having it custom made. I archived them all into a Word document for myself. Email me if you want it.

As far as the carbs go, you can get 2 Weber 40 DCOEs, 45 DCOEs or you can go a cheaper route and get Dellorto DHLA 40s or 45s. For our cars, 40s will work great, you would have to use the smallest jettings and chokes if you get 45s anyway, and they're more expensive. Weber has a bigger name in racing, but I've read that Dellortos produce the same power. Dellorto parts aren't as easy to find as Weber parts are, and since you'll want to buy your carbs used (twin DCOEs go for $200 on Ebay, Dellorto DHLAs for even less) you'll have to rebuild them and will need some extra parts. So even though DHLAs are a bit cheaper, DCOEs may be the way to go because of the availability of the parts.

I'm converting to twin 40 DCOEs in my car now, but Phydeaux already has them in his. Search through his posts to see how he did it. It's pretty much how I'm doing it, too.

If you plan on getting sidedrafts, email me. I have a whole list of websites you'll want to read through. You may also wanna pick up Des Hammil's powertuning book. It's been extremely useful to me so far.

The total conversion cost Phydeaux in the mid $700s, I think. I think I'll be able to convert mine for around $500. It's an expensive mod, but it's unique and will give some nice power gains.

James
10-07-2002, 06:15 PM
Basically, I want more power for a good price. 600$ or less for parts. I don't want a major drop in gasmilage and I still have to pass emmisions. Which would be a better choice? Dual Weber DCOE or just single 32/36? Would I notice a major drop in gas milage with the DCOE? I realized I would get a major performance gain, but this is not geared towards racing.. I just want a little more power.

Thanks in advance..

P.S I know very little about carbs.

James
10-07-2002, 06:32 PM
I just read that someone on the board is running these currently and gets in the 15s. I was doing some calculations and that would mean his engine is putting out aruond 160-190hp at the flywheel and getting 140-170hp at the wheels. Would it really make that much of a difference? Thats a jump of at least 60hp.

shepherd79
10-07-2002, 07:08 PM
how did you do your calculations?

shepherd79
10-07-2002, 07:10 PM
oh man, if you drop the weber you will never pass emissions.
you will have to remove all the vacuum crap out to get some room for the weber.
but it will give you some major HP jump. i don't have weber but a lot of people do have it and they say it pulls nice with weber(s).

James
10-07-2002, 07:33 PM
well, I guess that rules the weber out. Damn..

James
10-07-2002, 07:34 PM
If I just had $2,500 I could buy the Se-i for sale in Pheonix. :(

A20A1
10-07-2002, 07:43 PM
140 sounds good

A20A1
10-07-2002, 07:53 PM
Weber 32/36 can be tuned to run lean when you need to pass emissions.

just change the majority of the jets 0.05mm to 0.10mm smaller then they are stock with the 86-89 weber conversion kit.

the air correction jets are the only jets that will increase in size.

go up about 0.05mm to 0.10mm larger.

on the idle jets just go 0.05mm smaller

the main jets lower the secondary by 0.10mm and the primary by 0.05mm

the accel jet can stay the same... unles they give you a 55 acceleration pump jet... then go one lower to a 50 jet.

its really simple... just use a flat head screw driver revone the jet and screw the new size jet in it's place.. make a small diagram and or have a WEBER carb book handy.

I have:
HP BOOKS
WEBER CARBURETORS
BY: PAT BRADEN

$17.95 U.S.
$25.99 CAN.

POS carb
10-08-2002, 04:18 AM
get the weber 32/36 for moderate power boost without the 10 mpg of the dcoe's :flame:

POS carb
10-08-2002, 04:22 AM
it's all induction man, the B20 gets 160 hp because of its DOHC design and EFI, if you get a pair of Webers like that on an A20 and stab a better cam in there I think 150hp shouldn't be too hard, the stock Keihin carb is a POS, I don't know how it flows more than 5000 RPM through those little barrels, but you wouldn't get anywhere near the fuel economy of the B20 I'm sure.

James
10-08-2002, 05:20 PM
will I see 20+ mpg still with the Weber 32/36. Its nice getting 450-600 miles per tank. I don't want to have to spend lots of money on gas. BTW, Moderate power gains being? 5, 10, 15hp?

POS carb
10-08-2002, 07:07 PM
I think 15 hp is do-able with the 32/36 but more realistic #'s will be like 10 hp with some good economy jetting, I think you can still get 20 mpg, get the one with the EGR tap if its the same price to squeeze another mpg or two out of your motor.

89AccordHatch
10-10-2002, 07:22 PM
ok...i got an A20A engine { im pretty sure} well...its all stock....im lookin for anything that might help it run faster and smoother....i dont have nearly enough money to do an engine swap and since its carbed and automatic, itd probly be more trouble than its worth. I was thinking about getting a weber carb but have no idea wich one..Can anyone give me a clue? also...is there anything else anyone would recomend to make performance better{ spark plugs, cleaning certain parts, wires, coil pack?}?

thanx in advance for any info.....

A20A1
10-11-2002, 01:42 PM
- Are the vehicles emission tested in your state?
If you don't have to worry about emissions... you have 2 easy carb upgrades for your engine.

- 32/36 DGV WEBER
- 38 WEBER

they both use the same adapter plate which you can get when you buy a weber conversion kit.

Grant2k
10-11-2002, 08:20 PM
A20A1, is a 32/36 gonna fuck emmissions that bad? even with an EGR still in place? i would expect a big difference in a negative way, but do you think that even properly tuned it will be real bad?

markmdz89hatch
10-11-2002, 10:14 PM
fuck that... ..in the spirit of site the proper weber to go with is either a pair of 40 or 45 DCOE's. Now that's what I'm talking about. if they give you a hard time about the emitions, just pop the hood and tell them to admire the masterpiece before them. When they lean in to get a closer look, just accidently "tap" the hood prop off the hood, and that should take care of that situation.

89AccordHatch
10-12-2002, 10:16 PM
i dont know, im pretty sure emmissions arent tested...whats the "40 or 45 DCOE's" are they a realistic possibility?....or just something that would be cool if it was possible.

dXsquared
10-12-2002, 10:44 PM
they are possible but alot of custom work is to be done. how come u dont know about emissions testing? if u dont have to get smog checked then u dont have emissions tests!
Travis

Mike's89AccordLX
10-12-2002, 11:24 PM
I don't have to get smog checked here. So what kind of weber would be best? I was thinking the 32/36 but, I don't know what the 38 is. I would love to go with the dual carbs but, I can't make the manifold myself. I might as well buy some purple fuzzy handcuffs for my girlfriend, so I can cuff her up and... you get the point. (she has been wanting those forever and I finally found some) Wow it's 2:22 and i'm getting paid for typing, whoa I better stop typing before I start to ramble on and on like so...

87blueaccorddx
10-19-2002, 02:51 PM
sooo i have emissions here and if i get a weber, i will most likely fail emisisions, y? thanx

89AccordHatch
10-19-2002, 04:29 PM
ok.....soooo for my car should i go with the 32/36?? or the 40 DCOE's...and which ones will require less work installing?

tightwhitelx
10-20-2002, 10:32 AM
i am in the same situation i have emissions here in ga. So what is my best set up somebody please help me. i have already emailed you A20AI i dont know if you got it but somebody help me out cause want to get the weber asap.

Site
10-20-2002, 11:13 AM
Screw that "gimme an easy install attitude!" LOL. Man, you you're gonna do a Weber conversion, save a couple hundred extra bucks (okay, probably 2 times more than you were counting on :D ) and get DCOEs. You won't be sorry. Rather than feeling like you have a carb conversion, it feels like you've dropped a performance engine in your 3G. Yeah, it takes custom work and mad time, but it is worth it.

Hear me now and listen to me later - it IS worth it.

A20A1
10-20-2002, 11:52 AM
WERD

89AccordHatch
10-20-2002, 01:44 PM
its not that i dont want to do any work...if thats what your thinking. I love working on my car...but money is a very big issue with me...i dont have the money to go constructing custom parts for a carb that i just spent alot of money on. so...the dcoe's?? which one's, a link to the site would be awesome if anyone has one.
thanx

Site
10-21-2002, 03:35 AM
I grabbed mine off of Ebay for $212. I'll admit - I did get a great deal. You can usually get DCOE 40s off of Ebay for around $200, but I got a lot more with mine. They guy that I won them from also included a manifold (which I had chopped and joined to my stock manifold by a machine shop), airhorns, softmounts, linkage kit, and a bag full of stuff he didn't know what to do with. I used a lot of it. My conversion cost a total of just under $600. When PhydeauX did his, I believe it cost him a bit over $700. That's probably a more realistic price.

Sorry man, wasn't trying to make it sound like you were afraid of work. I know a lot of people on the board spend a lot of time working on the 3G and really enjoy it. I was pumped up when I wrote the post because I just got in from driving my car after having made some adjustments. The DCOEs are very satisfying.

If you really wanna look into puttin sidedraft carbs in your car, read through the DCOE posts by PhydeauX and me. That will help you get started.

shepherd79
10-21-2002, 04:17 AM
I know that Mike (A20A1) was talking about the webers long time ago and he said that 32/36 weber is good, But he wished he had 38. it has better sesponse to full throttle.

toastyghost
10-21-2002, 10:37 AM
I have been keeping up with all this DCOE talk on the board, but not doing my own research because I was planning on going the route of EFI conversion, B20A swap, and eventually a turbo. So I don't know very much about carb performance, but what is the DCOE 45? I assume this means 45mm jets? How big of a performance gain is that over the twin 40's?

Site
10-21-2002, 10:54 AM
toastghost wrote: "what is the DCOE 45"
-It's the same style carb as the DCOE 40 - it has a 45mm throttle plates instead of 40mm.

"I assume this means 45mm jets?"
-Nah, you pick the main jet sizes, along the size of pretty much every other component to the carb. These things are amazingly tunable. You can pretty much customize the setup to suit whatever you have.

"How big of a performance gain is that over the twin 40's?"
-Well, possibly none. With a 2 liter SOHC engine DCOE 45s would probably be too much. I think you may even lose power by having carbs too big for the job. On the other hand, if you have a DOHC engine (B series), 45s may be the way to go. Basically, you choose 40s or 45s according to the size of main venturi you want to use. Choose main venturi (or choke) size first, that will determine what size DCOE you need. DCOE 40s will take up to 36mm main venturis (although I've read they don't work properly with anything over 34mm). DCOE 45s will take larger main venturis, not sure on the specs. Look up the article "Selection and tuning of Weber DCOE carburetors" on Google. That will give you a good start.

tightwhitelx
10-21-2002, 04:06 PM
my question is will th dcoe's pass emissions i found a guy who tunes hot rods and funny cars to do the weber but if can do the dcoe's for like 700 ill do that. so site? somebody help me out. [email protected]

Site
10-21-2002, 04:43 PM
tightwhitelx, I honestly don't know if they'll pass emissions. A20A1 recommended to "lean" the fuel mixture and let the car warm up really good, then take it to get it tested. I'm gonna get an exhaust analyzer and work with it until I get it right. I'm sure there's a way to make it pass. I've also heard that if you take your exhaust manifold off, clean it out really good, blow some compressed air through your exhaust piping and get some new spark plugs that your chances of passing with a heavily modded car go way up.

Mine WILL pass. All we get in Cincy is a tailpipe sniff test. I can beat that.

If he'll do the WHOLE job for $700 (including the custom manifold), then by all means go for it. That's what you would pay to do it yourself. Don't be surprised if his estimate goes up as he does the job, though. Get it in real good writing.

CARBurn
10-22-2002, 07:17 PM
I know that the DCOEs give better performance than the Weber 32/36 or the 38/38, but I say if for the sake of time and convenience you should go for either the 32/36 or the 38/38. Unless of course you have time and money to install DCOES in your Accord.

I can't speak for others, but I have been very satisfied with my Weber conversion. Again, this is just my opinion.

89AccordHatch
10-23-2002, 08:09 AM
i'll probly end up tring to get the dcoe's off ebay.....there seems to be some good deals on them. I was wondering though...is there anything else i should be looking for along with the dcoe's?
i meen, im sure theres more than just the carbs i need...like any miscellaneous stuff??{if i was to buy them straight of an official site, not ebay, what would it come with that it wouldnt on ebay?}

Site
10-23-2002, 09:19 AM
"im sure theres more than just the carbs i need...like any miscellaneous stuff?"

Dude, I lucked way out when I won my carbs off of Ebay. With mine I also got
-airhorns
-throttle linkages
-2 throttle cables (lol)
-intake manifold (for Mazda, but I used part of it)
-bag of extra stuff - some if it was useful

This guy wasn't a car parts Ebay seller. He had bought these off a guy that raced his Mazda. He planned on puttin' them on his porsche, but never got around to it. He sent me everything he had. He's even emailed me since then to see if they worked out for me - nice guy.

When you buy them, try to get as much extra stuff as possible. Look for auctions that include the manifold. It'll save you money.

A20A1
10-27-2002, 02:30 AM
Choosing between carbs:
How can you compare which carb will give simmilar performance?
To get a rought idea add the sum of the venturi sizes.

a 40 DCOE may have two 30mm venturi's which gives it a total of 60mm
a 32/36 DGV is 68mm

When starting it's good to choose a venturi size 75% of the size of the throttle plate/bore.
40 throttle = 30 venturi.
45 throttle = 33.75 venturi. (not that it comes in that size)

simmilar values will net simmilar results in performance. to keep flow rates high go with the smaller venturi's

1.6L HONDA CIVIC - Single 40 DCOE / 30mm Venturi / 4.5mm Aux. Venturi (Boost Venturi)

DGV has 32-36mm Venturi / 3.5mm Aux. Venturi

3rdGenFanatic
11-11-2002, 02:40 AM
What are the HP gains from a single DCOE?

3rdGenFanatic
11-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Come on.. Don't leave me hanging guys... site? a20? POSCarb?:help:

Mike's89AccordLX
11-14-2002, 10:40 AM
Does anyone know how well the weber 32/36 does in a Minnesota winter? (it's fricken cold) I'm not sure if I can have that open filter that it comes with. This guy at this shop said that that it might be bad to get it if I can't put the stock air box on. He said I will need that temp sensor and door. Well I kinda removed those already, but I would go get a new air box from the junk yard if I need to. Does anyone know how it performs in the cold? It gets like 50 below zero here. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks a lot guys.

POS carb
11-14-2002, 06:30 PM
3rd gen fanatic, I don't think you'd gain power from putting in 1 DCOE, it might now flow enough, I dunno what the rates are.

Mike... carb's don't like cold weather, if you could get an air cleaner from a BMW 2002 maybe you can rig something because your carb can freeze up in the winter.

shepherd79
11-15-2002, 08:03 AM
is there a something we can wrap the carburator to keep it from freezing or getting hot?
there is got to be somekind wrap.

2old_honda
12-10-2002, 10:37 AM
I am thinking of installing DCOEs and I have a few questions. What size main venturis (chokes) would be needed? what size jets? What is done with the PCV system? what kind of throttle linkage is needed? (anyone have any pics of the linkage?) thanks! :)

GDGuy11B
12-10-2002, 12:06 PM
what are DCOE's?

PhydeauX
12-10-2002, 12:38 PM
Well Its all going to depend on where you want to have the motor make power. The bigger the choke the higher up the rpm range the power is going to happen. I run 32mm chokes in mine, they give good drivability with my cam, though they are a bit small to take full advantage of it. With a stock cam 32s are going to be about as big as you want to go (32mm on a 2L makes power around 5000rpm or so, you want the power closer to your torque peak for better streetability). You choose your main jets based on the choke size. choke size * 4 gets you close. The air corrector is about 50 larger then the main jet. Idealy you want F2 tubes, though F16s work fine. Its not worth buying F2s if you have F16s. 50/F9 idle jets are a good starting point, but the idle can be quite tricky to get right. Remember that the idle jets control the transition mixture, not the idle mixture in a weber carb.

I left the pcv system out on mine. I believe its better for the rings or something to have it on, but I didn't bother. If you want it you need to tie it in to all the runners.

I am quite fond of the weber PM3714 top mount linkage. Its about 1/3 the way down this page http://www.piercemanifolds.com/linkage.htm. Not the cheapest but its a nice package and works quite well.

andy

1989 DX R
12-10-2002, 12:47 PM
How would I keep the PCV system then?

I would run:

32mm chokes
135 main jet
**dunno about the emulsions**
190 air correctors
35 pump jets
45/F9 idle jets
4.5 aux vents

2old_honda
12-10-2002, 12:47 PM
hey thats great! thanks for the info!

1989 DX R
12-10-2002, 01:09 PM
Ok, I think I'll go with this:

30mm choke
120 main jets
F9 emulsions
170 air correctors
50f9 idle jets
40 pump jets
4.5 aux vents

PhydeauX
12-10-2002, 02:18 PM
To keep the pcv you need to tap a line into each runner, then join all those lines together and attach them to the pcv valve.

andy

2old_honda
12-10-2002, 02:29 PM
I think that I would go with 32mm chokes. I think Site has 30's and he wants to go bigger.

2old_honda
12-10-2002, 02:30 PM
PhydeauX, do you have any pics of your setup? I was looking through some old threads and the ones that you posted were not working.

PhydeauX
12-10-2002, 05:42 PM
They're all here, the ip changes every so often and kills the links. http://68.81.249.80:3000/accordpics/dcoe_manifold/

andy

2old_honda
12-11-2002, 03:57 PM
ok, I have been looking around and reading some stuff and here is what I came up with, please tell me what you think about this:

32mm choke
130 main jet
F2 e. tubes
180 air correctors
50F9 idle jets
40 pump jets
4.5 aux jets

2old_honda
12-11-2002, 04:03 PM
also, I will be running a colt tri-flow cam from the group buy.

I also found a jetting program, if anyone wants it let me know.

88lxDCOE
12-11-2002, 05:11 PM
I think I have all my jetting figured out, thanks to phydeaux. But Id like the jetting program.

2old_honda
12-11-2002, 05:13 PM
PM me your email address and I will send it to you. (it is a small zip file)

2old_honda
12-18-2002, 08:17 AM
Will I need a new fuel pump and a FPR when I swap in the DCOE's?

Site
12-18-2002, 08:42 AM
I'm still using the stock pump and no FPR. In a couple of months, though, I'm going to starting working on adding a blow through turbocharger setup to the mix. That will change everything.

If I were going to keep it N/A, I would add a high flow, low PSI fuel pump. I think Weber makes one that's sold on www.piercemanifolds.com.

2old_honda
12-18-2002, 09:19 AM
:cool: thanks

2old_honda
12-18-2002, 09:25 AM
hey Site, one more question- what linkage did you use?

Site
12-18-2002, 10:21 AM
I used some linkage pieces that came with the carbs. There was a ziplock bag full of pieces the guy didn't know what to do with - stuff from several linkage kits. I frankensteined them together to make something that works. I hacksawed and bent the throttle cable mounting plate from the stock carb and used it in the setup, too. I was able to use the stock throttle cable. Mostly, it works like this:

http://www.redlineweber.com/images/Tech/dcoe_linckage.gif

2old_honda
12-18-2002, 12:51 PM
thanks again! :)

A20A1
12-18-2002, 08:12 PM
It would be an improvement... our pump puts out 3.3 psi
correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not sure on the GPH

AccordSi
12-19-2002, 01:00 PM
The pump I use pushes 4.5-7 psi...way too good enough. Although the A/F says the mixture is good, it may still be too rich, which is probably why I hear so many loud pops when I change gears and/or slow down. Then again it sometimes spits small flame out the tailpipe at high rpm/low gear (1-3) changes so it could also be in the tuning. Whatever it is I LOVE IT!!!!

PhydeauX
12-19-2002, 07:42 PM
You really shouldn't have more then 4psi at the carbs on webers. The valves wen't designed to hold back more then that. For what you have now the stock pump should be more then adaquate.

andy

3G Jester
01-02-2003, 09:25 PM
how much did you guys all pay for a weber dual carb and where...im thinking about doing it....also..any tips? trouble shooting? advice?:wave: thanks!

dXsquared
01-02-2003, 09:27 PM
the double DCOE is a lot of cash and time... if u have no reason for the double carb setup... just get a DGV carb... they make kits that just get bolted on... removes all ur vaccum lines and gives u HP...

visit CARBSUNLIMITED.com

Travis

3G Jester
01-03-2003, 10:20 AM
thanks trav.
by the way. nice name.

--travis

doug
01-20-2003, 08:13 AM
The little bit of research I've been doing brings up a question. I've noticed that there are several series of 40 & 45 DCOE carbs available. For example,
40 DCOE 2
40 DCOE 18
40 DCOE 32
45 DCOE 13
45 DCOE 9
I'd like to know if it is necessary for both carbs to be of the same series, i.e both 40 DCOE 2 and not a combo like one 2 and one 18. It would seem that it is desireable for them to match but is it absolutely necessary? Thanks for any info.;)

A20A1
01-20-2003, 12:12 PM
- My book says the 45 DCOE 9 is a variation of the 45 DCOE and that there are 10 variations of the DCOE 9.
I still can't find it in the book but i read that finding a matched pair is best.

doug
01-20-2003, 01:04 PM
I've read that the series numbers are just a means of identifying a specfic carb setup for a specfic production car. So I would think that any one of them could be setup with a specific set of internals thereby allowing the creation of a "matched" pair regardless of the actual series number. But I'm not sure.

A20A1
01-20-2003, 01:28 PM
The series # is the throttle plate size ex: 40, 45
(prefix/series - letters of Italian words - suffix/Variation)
40 - DC (Doppio corpo) O (orizzontale) E = trapezoid mounting pattern - 9, 18 , etc.

I still can't find where is talked about a matched pair/set.

A20A1
01-20-2003, 01:39 PM
I can't find it... it talked a bit more about the last #. You're right... it was for a specific application. but it also notes that adjustments made on a DCOE 18 will be different for a DCOE "x" like adjusting the mixture screw will have less ore more turns to get the same effect.

Site
01-21-2003, 06:57 AM
Your best bet is to get a matched set. Otherwise, you'll end up having to buy expensive jets and stuff to get the internals to match up. It's an expensive conversion to begin with, make it easy on yourself!

pip
06-06-2004, 05:35 PM
i know dcoe's are more of a prelude thing but can u put a 40 in an accord or do you need an adaptor plate or manifold to do it?
what about a 38mm? could that work maybe?

A20A1
06-06-2004, 07:45 PM
smaller carbs will work but then you may lose some top end... most cases you'll need a custom manifold.

Your best bet without going for a new or used 38mm downdraft would be to get a single 38mm sidedraft... someone on here has one that is kinda extra.
They bought 3 carbs (solexes I believe), so you could use one of the carbs and then buy an adapter that will allow you to mount a sidedraft carb to a downdraft base... I think it's only for a 45mm to a 32/36 base... but I'm not sure.

http://www.jameng.com/products/index.phtml?section=12

Scroll to the bottom of the page

A20A1
06-06-2004, 07:49 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=34693

contact http://www.3geez.com/member.php?userid=89 (hondavtec) if you want one of his carbs.

pip
06-07-2004, 02:47 PM
which one KC 172 or KC 190?

A20A1
06-07-2004, 03:33 PM
you'll probably want the KC 172 since that will give you the most mounting options and more clearance for velocity stacks and air cleaners.

You may also need the 32/36 adapter plate for that to mount on... or you can find a way to drill new holes to mount it directly to the manifold without the DGV adapter being used. I would port your intake manifold really good. http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=30234
Don't port as wide as I did... just enough to match the inside edge of the gasket they give you with the DCOE adapter... the important bit to get rid of is the center divider that seperates the primary and secondary barrels.

A20A1
06-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Or you can go crazy with the KC 190 and face the carb barrels forward... cut a hole in the hood and have ram air. :D

A20A1
06-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Oh they are SOLEX 40mm SIDE DRAFT :D

"INTERCHANGEABLE WITH WEBER 40 DCOE AND DELLORTO 40 DHLA CARBS AND THE MIKUNI CARBS.WILL FIT ON ANY STANDARD WEBER SIDE DRAFT MANIFOLD."

-Good news :rockon:

pip
06-07-2004, 04:41 PM
lol thanks i just need one off of hondavtec now...
ram air would be badass... then i'd need a cam...
velocity stacks are the air horns stickin out?

ET2
06-07-2004, 05:54 PM
for a single dcoe i would go with atleast 45mm, 48 or a 50mm would be even better but i don't think they will fit and if you have any type of emissions forget it

A20A1
06-07-2004, 07:39 PM
It would be nice but this 40mm should be relatively cheap cheap cheap since it was bought at a low price. Plus it's extra... :D

pip
06-08-2004, 01:59 PM
hondavtec says hes keepin the 40mm for spare, bad news for me
how much are they new?
whats wrong with 32/36 loss of high end power you were saying?

A20A1
06-08-2004, 10:54 PM
nothings wrong with the 32/36. it's just a small carb so you won't get max power in the higher rpms.

I saw a 40mm downdraft. :D new webers are expensive... get a 38mm dowdraft on ebay or something ceap so you wont need so many adapter plates.

Depends really on how much you plan to modify your motor.

pip
06-09-2004, 02:13 PM
if i bought the 38mm i'd need an adaptor for the 32/36 and then another one for the weber to the manifold... i saw some DCOE's on ebay but thats pretty hardcore for me
i could jet the 32/36 but by the time i do that i could pretty much have a 38mm bran new

since i'm talkin about carbs i'm lookin at the vac line removal, whats the easiest approach? remove all the lines, jet controllers, and vac control then put the lines u need in and plug the rest?

A20A1
06-11-2004, 12:23 PM
yeah I would remove everything... including the carb if you have a full rebuild kit.

Buy hew vacuum lines and get to work.

keep the vacuum secondary.

SIBILANTx
09-27-2004, 05:11 PM
can i bolt on a weber carb or do i need an adapter?

A20A1
09-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Here is what you need.

WEBER KIT AND INSTALL FAQ (http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=38161)

:D

mykwikcoupe
10-10-2004, 06:49 PM
so to use the 38 you need a second adapter on top of the 32/36?

2oodoor
04-25-2008, 09:15 AM
bumpage to an old thread for carb people

2ndGenGuy
04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Holy back from the dead bumpage, Batman! Good thread though.