PDA

View Full Version : question for you hi-mod guys...

wrxdriver99
03-03-2007, 08:30 PM
I have put an A20A3 5spd into my 78 civic, I am using a walbro 255 L/hr fuel pump with the stock fuel pressure regulator and stock wiring from the accord, except I have wired in a separate relay for the fuel pump.
I'm having problems with the throttle after the engine warms up a bit. That is to say I can rev up the engine when its cold, for the first 2-3 mins, but then after it warms up, if I push the throttle it baffs out, doesn't stall out completly very easy though. To me it sounds like its starving for fuel, but I have a couple of questions.
If I have the map sensor hose hooked up wrong(or any of the pollution control crap)will it do this??
Has any one else swicthed to a racing fuel pump??? what problems did you have????
Also I did try to check the service manual for the vacuum schematics, but all I found was for the A20A1.
If more info needed just ask.
Any help greatly appreciated.

A20A1
03-03-2007, 08:37 PM
did you have to upgrade the return?

I really don't know.

AccordEpicenter
03-03-2007, 09:28 PM
i have a 255lph walbro and i never had issues with it, even with the stock fpr and wiring

wrxdriver99
03-04-2007, 08:42 AM
did you have to upgrade the return?

sort of. on the civic there was no factory return line, so I ran a new 3/8 fuel hose for supply and used the factory fuel supply line for a return. I have the fuel pump located under the car by the tank, because someone told me that it is a push style pump, not a pull, meaning it would burn out prematurely if it was located to far from the tank without a scavenger pump.

>how would I know if the the fuel pressure regulator is working properly???
I have an aftermarket one with a guage, I've just been too busy to put it on.

I also just got an a/f meter, but the motor has two oxygen sensors, looks like one for each two cylinders.

AccordEpicenter
03-04-2007, 09:12 AM
you did eliminate the stock intank pump correct?

wrxdriver99
03-04-2007, 04:11 PM
you did eliminate the stock intank pump correct?

yes, I'm using the original civic tank

Estimated Prophet
04-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Any luck?