PDA

View Full Version : Just checking in

miataspeed
03-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Hey guys, its been a while since I was last here. Good news is the Accord is working just fine. Still getting 250 miles to a tank and running great. The window still doesn't work and its still 3 different colors...but meh.

The Miata is getting some toys. I clocked the turbo, working on piping the intercooler. Full 3" downpipe and exhaust is in progress. I have half the downpipe made and the exhaust is done, 2 resonators no muffler. I just bought a Innovate LC-1 wideband o2, looking forward to tuning it on my own. My Supra 305cc injectors are at the cleaners, and this spring I shall be at 10-12psi.

I have to say how awsome the Accord is. It asks for nothing and keeps on working. It needs more power, when I get on the freeway I have to floor it and I still almost get rear ended. My trans still grinds, but I checked the fluid, still full and red with no shavings. So I'm letting it be and hoping for the best. It just ticked over 177,000 miles on the way home today, hopefully I will see it through to 200,000! Anyway, just stoppin by to say hey and that it still lives.

MessyHonda
03-03-2007, 11:17 PM
to improve gas mileage get some headers and a full exhaust....it cant be more than 350 bucks. and it give you more power.....and 250 miles to the tank is kinda low....i get close to 400 back when it was stock now i get like 360-380 on a good tank.

snoopyloopy
03-05-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah, headers and full exhaust gave me a little bit of a boost. and that's exactly what i paid too for my h/hfc/e combo. :D

2ndGenGuy
03-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, its been a while since I was last here. Good news is the Accord is working just fine. Still getting 250 miles to a tank and running great. The window still doesn't work and its still 3 different colors...but meh.
The Miata is getting some toys. I clocked the turbo, working on piping the intercooler. Full 3" downpipe and exhaust is in progress. I have half the downpipe made and the exhaust is done, 2 resonators no muffler. I just bought a Innovate LC-1 wideband o2, looking forward to tuning it on my own. My Supra 305cc injectors are at the cleaners, and this spring I shall be at 10-12psi.
I have to say how awsome the Accord is. It asks for nothing and keeps on working. It needs more power, when I get on the freeway I have to floor it and I still almost get rear ended. My trans still grinds, but I checked the fluid, still full and red with no shavings. So I'm letting it be and hoping for the best. It just ticked over 177,000 miles on the way home today, hopefully I will see it through to 200,000! Anyway, just stoppin by to say hey and that it still lives.

Unless Honda MTF is red, you shoudln't have any red fluid in your Manual Transmission. These trannys use 10w30 or 10w40. Unless you're using some kind of performance fluid, that could be why it's gridning when you shift.

87lxiaccord
03-05-2007, 07:03 PM
is it auto or manual though?

jigga225
03-05-2007, 11:15 PM
I could get like around 340 on a tank i believe...CHeck on that homie

bullard123
03-06-2007, 05:27 AM
Yeah dude if you have a manual u better put some 10w motor oil in there or say good bye to your 5th gear. Someone burned out the 5th gear in my hatch before I bought it.

snoopyloopy
03-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Unless Honda MTF is red, you shoudln't have any red fluid in your Manual Transmission. These trannys use 10w30 or 10w40. Unless you're using some kind of performance fluid, that could be why it's gridning when you shift.
unless it's an auto. let me assure you that atf dexron-iii is red. i just changed my tranny fluid sunday. although the fluid i got out looked like used motor oil. dark brownish-black...

88LXi68
03-06-2007, 01:22 PM
250mi on a tank is not so good. Are you letting the gas light come one? It comes on w/ 2gallons left, I know a lot gas gauges show lower than they really are.

Redline MTF = Red and it is all I use in the transmission.

MessyHonda
03-06-2007, 07:54 PM
250mi on a tank is not so good. Are you letting the gas light come one? It comes on w/ 2gallons left, I know a lot gas gauges show lower than they really are.
Redline MTF = Red and it is all I use in the transmission.

i thought the light came on when 3.9 gals were left in the tank?

Civic Accord Honda
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
i get like 150miles to the tank

jschatte
03-06-2007, 08:14 PM
i get like 150miles to the tank
I think you better double check that... im getting about 200 mi to a tank, and im doing only city driving, and warming my car up for 10 mins every morning...

miataspeed
03-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Its an automatic. As for the 250 miles the PO put a new carb on it, is it possible it runs rich as hell? It does have a rough time starting and at idle the steering wheel vibrates up and down and the whole car vibrates a bit. I figured it was just because of the high mileage. Thanks.

EDIT: My fuel gauge goes down super fast after it hits the halfway mark, so I never let the light come on. It takes maybe 30 miles to drain the last 1/4 of a tank. From full to half it moves fairly slow.