PDA

View Full Version : Power antenna v. manual antenna masts

offthahook
09-06-2002, 10:31 PM
Okay, are they the same part or will a manual mast work in a power application?? I tend to say "NO", that they are different because of the teeth on the power one, where the manual one could just slide with no teeth needed. The motor itself is fine. Is there an aftermarket mast for the power antenna (89 lx-i) that anyone knows of THAT WORKS!! Not one that sorta fits or is made for like every car out there with an A pillar antenna and you "mod" it with scissors, shims, and screws to make it "fit". A match, if you will. I know the rear mounted Honda power antennas have decent aftermarket masts and even motors that fit well. Any sites or name brands would be tight. $112 is just too damn much for the mast; about $85 wholesale.

A20A1
09-06-2002, 10:39 PM
So you want to replace a power one with a manual or you want to get a power one?

offthahook
09-07-2002, 10:14 AM
i have a power one with a bad mast. I want to replace the mast itself, but save $$$$.

smufguy
09-07-2002, 07:38 PM
i would say get an aftermarket pwr antenna that goes on the trunk of ur car (to the side of the trunk) and wire up ur antenna wire thru either the headliner or thru under the carpet. But if u wanna keep the stock look, i would ask u to look at how the whole teeth inside the motor is and find something similar to it and also one thing to watch out is the thickness of it. and the length. Or go to the junk yard, have fun taking off the dash, and check out if they got a working antenna mast. good luck bro.

shepherd79
09-08-2002, 03:53 AM
yeah get aftermarket one, because it is a pain in the ass to work on our antennas. i tried one time and i had to stop after 2 hours of nothing. it is impossible to work on it, unless you have a dash out.