PDA

View Full Version : Savannah Meet

mushroom_toy
03-05-2007, 05:24 PM
:welcome: Well I'll be heading to Savannah or Brunswick Ga on Thurs. and wanted to know if there is anyone here that would want to meet. I know a couple people here are from Savannah.

lostforawhile
03-05-2007, 05:36 PM
:welcome: Well I'll be heading to Savannah or Brunswick Ga on Thurs. and wanted to know if there is anyone here that would want to meet. I know a couple people here are from Savannah.I can't right this minute but would def be up for a savannah meet this summer or spring sometime,that would be awesome. that would be an easy drive for me,and no nutty flordia drivers.

87lxiaccord
03-05-2007, 06:01 PM
lol @ nutty florida drivers

lostforawhile
03-05-2007, 06:03 PM
lol @ nutty florida drivers
yea we were at the flordia meet and the turnpike is like one big race track.

87lxiaccord
03-05-2007, 06:15 PM
:werd: on the way home from that florida meet i had a guy in a truck honk at me for going too slow and i was going 85mph on a 70mph

MessyHonda
03-05-2007, 09:17 PM
:werd: on the way home from that florida meet i had a guy in a truck honk at me for going too slow and i was going 85mph on a 70mph

damn now that is some serious stuff...lol

Cheeseburger
03-05-2007, 10:18 PM
you should see how some so-cal fools drive down here.

bullard123
03-06-2007, 10:19 AM
you should see how some so-cal fools drive down here.
Colorado drivers are 10 times worse. There is at least a accident a day. Insurance rates are sky high too

irondragon013
03-06-2007, 07:23 PM
I would love to go but I have school and am hitting the junk yard with a freind after.

Steven

MessyHonda
03-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Colorado drivers are 10 times worse. There is at least a accident a day. Insurance rates are sky high too

one a day if fucking good....i wish i lived in a town like that....look at these stats

Car Crash Stats: There were nearly 6,420,000 auto accidents in the United States in 2005. The financial cost of these crashes is more than 230 Billion dollars. 2.9 million people were injured and 42,636 people killed. About 115 people die every day in vehicle crashes in the United States -- one death every 13 minutes.

every 13 mins a person dies...its crazy...buckle up guys.

lostforawhile
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
we need to keep this thread going,i would really like to see another meet there,it's a good choice for georgia for most parts of it. i am having problems with the hatch,but it would make it there and back.

mushroom_toy
06-05-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm still up for one. But I'd definitely be staying more than a couple hours cause it's a long drive.

russiankid
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
Why do you guys have to be so far away from me? I would love to go, but im working, and not to mention the 10 hour drive.

BenAthar
06-13-2007, 06:48 PM
I would like to go, but don't have the http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/Karlie123456789/money.gif

for it. If there is any in ATL then I am there. Unless it's down in Albany, then that is my old stomping grounds growing up(w/ 71 Nova 327 eng. as 1st car in High School). Maybe next time. I would like to meet up with some Georgia members.

BenAthar
07-05-2007, 06:15 PM
Any Ideas about another meet? I am interested in meeting up with some other GA members. Besides which if Roodoo2 has some stickers made for me it's a way to slap them on my car. I would like to meet up with some of the GA members and get some first hand tips on tune ups for the motor and such. Besides which if it's early enough to let me know I might have a batch of beer brewed to bring and we can have some real beer!!!!!

lostforawhile
07-05-2007, 07:40 PM
I would like to go, but don't have the http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/Karlie123456789/money.gif

for it. If there is any in ATL then I am there. Unless it's down in Albany, then that is my old stomping grounds growing up(w/ 71 Nova 327 eng. as 1st car in High School). Maybe next time. I would like to meet up with some Georgia members.
I am almost exatly between Albany and Valdosta. i don't go to Albany anymore,the crime has gone completly nuts. i used to go there all the time,but after the last few years,i won't go anywhere near there.

BenAthar
07-06-2007, 04:24 AM
The last time I was in Albany I was living near radium springs area some suburbs outside the city limits, but that was the late 80's early 90's. I was getting ready to move to SoCal not long after that. I lived down there for about 10 yrs. Went to school mostly in Worth County. I know where Moultrie is and used to go to Reed Bingham park with the boy scouts all the time there. I would like to try and get some GA members together one weekend before school starts again.

2oodoor
07-06-2007, 06:47 AM
Savannah sounds great, I need to relay something to Lost anyway. Im ready to go right now, Im on vacation and bored out of my skull.. too hot to fish
BenAthar I know Raduim Springs, that place is deadwood now I think they got sued over something. I have a few kin still left around there, My stepgrandmother lives in Sylvester not too far from Moultrie.

2oodoor
07-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I am almost exatly between Albany and Valdosta. i don't go to Albany anymore,the crime has gone completly nuts. i used to go there all the time,but after the last few years,i won't go anywhere near there.

Ever been to the dragstrip right there off us19 past Albany? That was the first place I saw the jr dragsters in action.
Albany I think never really was the same after the Flint busted loose. I went down there shortly after, they said the coffins were floating around, it looked like the pictures of Katrina damage.

BenAthar
07-08-2007, 07:07 PM
When I lived in the area, I first moved there and went to school in Worth Co. in Sylvester. Yes I remember the drag strip. When I lived near Radium Springs you could hear the drag strip on the porch! Used to see the trailers pulling the cars down the dirt road next to the property. The house I lived in was in a pecan grove, wasn't too nice to the fading paint job on my 71 Nova back then.

2oodoor
07-10-2007, 04:41 AM
When I lived in the area, I first moved there and went to school in Worth Co. in Sylvester. Yes I remember the drag strip. When I lived near Radium Springs you could hear the drag strip on the porch! Used to see the trailers pulling the cars down the dirt road next to the property. The house I lived in was in a pecan grove, wasn't too nice to the fading paint job on my 71 Nova back then.
my aunt lived in the grove at the end of the strip for a while.

BUMP for the Savannahh meet, maybe even another twenty minutes away to the beach of Tybee Island... July or August

Vanilla Sky
07-10-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm up for Brunswick.

lostforawhile
07-11-2007, 12:20 AM
my aunt lived in the grove at the end of the strip for a while.
BUMP for the Savannahh meet, maybe even another twenty minutes away to the beach of Tybee Island... July or August
http://www.us19dragway.com/

BenAthar
07-11-2007, 06:33 PM
I heard that Metro PCS is sponsoring a race and other stuff at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. It's on the 20th of July. Something for the tuner crowd to try and race their cars, complete with aftermarket stuff that they didn't turn a wrench to put on or paid w/ their own money(insert mom and dad's CC here!) I would go just to see if there are any 3g's there and get some tips on how to do some of their mods! When I find the info. I will post it here. I heard it on 99x and can't seem to remember the link for it and the name of the car show/race. At least there will be a bikini contest!!!!!! :D

BenAthar
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
I finally found the link to the street warriorz meet at the Atlanta Motor Speedway.
http://www.streetwarriorz.com/events/2007/atlanta.html
This is the event page for the Kuhmo tires, metro PCS sponsored event. Tix are only $15 bucks to get in. I would like to go for the car show. I would like to see an old VW bug smoke a mustang?!?!?!? :wtf:

2oodoor
07-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I'm up for Brunswick.
Honestley I have never been in the Brunswick area, I wanted to go to Jeckyl and the barrier islands but I dont know how long the money would hold out there. What else is around Brunswick to do or places of interest?

mushroom_toy
07-20-2007, 08:59 AM
^Theres a restaurant called Twin Oaks with the best fries you will ever eat in Brunswick...