PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions

Casanova23
03-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Whats going on people. Ive looked around this forum a lil and i was wondering if any of you out there could help me with some suggestions for my 88 honda accord dx style. before anyone decides to be "that guy" and states "search the forum" I've done so but i know some of you out there could give me a str8 forward answer and i'd definately appreciate it. But what i was wondering, as far as making my car run a lil better and more efficiently, what are some things i could do to it as far as lil engine tweeks and what not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

MessyHonda
03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
well when i first got my 88 dx i upgraded my spark plugs and lil bit bigger wires...also i put a k&n filter and it felt a lil better....i say do a tune up if you haven't. if you are looking for performance you might have to put on some headers and a full exhaust. maybe cam...and maybe upgrade to a weber carb depending on what state you live and how smog checks are done.

Blizzard
03-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Well, efficiently speaking. Plugs, wires, filters (air and fuel in particular).

If by running better you mean faster, then, opening up the exhaust with headers etc.
Cold air intake will help it breathe better. 4th gen map sensor will change the fuel curve a little.

The CAI and map sensor how to can be found by searching.

MessyHonda
03-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, efficiently speaking. Plugs, wires, filters (air and fuel in particular).
If by running better you mean faster, then, opening up the exhaust with headers etc.
Cold air intake will help it breathe better. 4th gen map sensor will change the fuel curve a little.
The CAI and map sensor how to can be found by searching.

he has a dx....so its carb...so he could only do the cold air intake with the civic air box mod.

Civic Accord Honda
03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
do all the CAH mods lol beter thing CAI mods lol J/K

buttaz1
03-06-2007, 11:33 PM
dude
i dont know shyt but i do know the donts
dont put a fucking oriental fuker lawn chair on the back of you gee
dont put an annoying fuking fart can that does nothing for you car.
and for the love of god if its a automatic please dont and i repeat please dont act like its a sticka and put a manual handle and the boot to match so it looks like tis a stick.
and do the basics
like a tune up and larger spark plug wires and umm oh go to the jy and get a air box from a beater as civic you know like the 91 or something and hook it up ot your car and get a integra cai but be care full dont put it tooo low so you dont suck up water cuz then umm youll here a ka boom.
then umm you can do suspenion umm it all really comes down to what you are aiming for
are you looking for reall shyt or
are you looking for the golden ricer award? cuz if your looking for ricerness just go get vtech stickiers and sum dumb shyt
thank you please come again

Casanova23
03-10-2007, 09:36 AM
I thank you for some of your suggestions, i really appreciate it. What Im mainly going for is the car running betta thas all. Like yea, I think i'll get some better spark plugs but what did you mean by bigger wires though? I think I'd go with that also. And I read on the civic airbox thing, doesnt it have to be modded a lil bit so it doesnt hit the trunk. I was also thinkin bout some new coilovers or some struts. And definately I need some new wheels, I juss want my car to run good and smooth. As far as engine mods, maybe some heads we'll have to see what the monetary situation is like. But plz keep the suggestions coming in if anyone else has anything to say

shepherd79
03-10-2007, 11:50 AM
If you are trying to keep the car running smooth and trouble free, you got a wrong car. You should sell it and get EFI one.
Carbs will always give you problems.
the only thing you can do at this point is change the plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, fuel filters and get air filter. CAI for carb won't make a huge diff, trust me i had it.
the only way to get more mpg out of carbed accord is by installing aftermarket header and exhaust. replacing 20 year old cat with new one, but that is all you can really do to it. replace the air filter with K&N replacement and that should give you a little higher mpg.

Casanova23
03-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Preciate the advice shepard. I'll definately be changing some of those things you talked about