PDA

View Full Version : 17mm bolt again.....sorry about this

jlaccord89lxi
09-07-2002, 06:03 AM
i am literally in the process of draining and flushing my coolant system and i know i've asked this 3 times already, but this 17mm head draining bolt....someone told me that they accessed it from below, but if i am looking at the correct bolt, i can get at it much easier from above. From below, part of the frame of the car is in the way as well as the header extension. But then again i do not want to take off the wrong bolt and drain the engine of oil or something like that so i may be looking at the wrong one. The bolt i'm looking at is on the front of the block, to the left of the header, and it is definitely a 17mm. Its just that (this will sound stupid to you all i'm sure) it is lower on the engine than i had thought it would be. Is this the right one???:wtf:

DanG86LX
09-07-2002, 06:59 AM
I got mine from the top too, 17mm socket and and extension. This bolt has a tall head like ~ 3/4" (on my car anyway).

carotman
09-07-2002, 07:02 AM
Just leave it there and replace the coolant... it aint much coolant in there for all the trouble you will be facing.

if you can't get at it easily.....you miight end up stripping the bolt.. causing more hassle

jlaccord89lxi
09-07-2002, 07:14 AM
carotman: i must say, i agree with you. I didn't think there would be much in there, especially after i clean out the head with a garden hose. This will save me a headache today. Thanks alot