PDA

View Full Version : Rusted Gas filler pipe!

damackz
09-07-2002, 09:53 AM
ok guyz i went to fill gas yesterday and when i turned my cap the whole thing turned and like all this rust and shyt fell from the wheel well, the cap is pretty new like i bought it a few months ago but newayz yeah i felt the filler pipe it was harsh like rusted and corroded although there was no gas leak.................so yeah basically how do i replace that?!? cuz i had to hold the pipe with one hand and turn the cap with the otherand it finally came out..................so what exactly do i have to replace thankz :pimp:

night
09-07-2002, 10:40 AM
that was a recall for the ludes. not sure about the accords.
but you will have to drop your tank.
makes it easier to get it out and its stupid not to flush and clean the tank anyway.
then change the filter(s) and i would blow out the line.

damackz
09-07-2002, 10:45 AM
coo coo daymn gotta change the filter again!!!! :banghead: thats like my 5th time changing it cuz i had FPR problems before grrrrrr.............so after i take the tank out what do i have to replace?? like the whole thing or can i juss replace that one pipe thing?

DanG86LX
09-07-2002, 10:45 AM
Don't touch the damn thing. There is a recall for filler pipe:
TSB 93021 OCT 93 Recall - Fuel Filler Pipe

Go to ur nearest Honda dealer and they will fix it for FREE.

damackz
09-07-2002, 10:47 AM
SWEET!!!!!:super:

night
09-07-2002, 11:01 AM
make sure they clean it up.
otherwise they will just replace the pipe and put it back together.

DanG86LX
09-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Nop, cleaning the tank is not part of the recall, they may charge you $300CND.
Also if you find that ur car stalls in traffic now and then (no idle) u may have to clean up the carb too. After they replaced my fuel filler, I got the idle problem and eventually I had to open the carb and clean the fine mud at the bottom of the float bowl, and idle passages. Boy, that mud passes through any filters..

YK86
09-07-2002, 12:36 PM
Yeah, it should be under recall. If it's not too bad, they will change the pipe and the area around where the filler neck joins the body. They will need your VIN number to verify but it's all free.

damackz
09-07-2002, 11:57 PM
coo coo but yeah now my car is starting to stall!!!!! its having the same problems it had when my FPR was messed up so i gotta check it out cuz yeah driving while u keep kinda stalling sucks like it doesnt stall but i get no power when i press da peddle newayz yeah i am gonna call up honda on monday about the pipe and i gotta check the fuel stuff tomm :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: