PDA

View Full Version : I have a short circuit or a ground somewhere in the car!!!! help!!!!

pot_of_rice
03-10-2007, 11:34 AM
The scenario...

My car recently died, a burned alterator but when I had the car boosted the wires where crossed and fried something somewhere. i had 2 batteries (1 starting, 1 deep cycle), an re-wired amp that produced 100amps at peak power, battery isolator ( rated at 120 amps) and a ground wire harness that connected to the battery. I replace the alternator then tried to start the car and nothing would work. I then checked my fuse box under the coin tray and everything was ok there, then started taking the isolator, ground harness and disconnected the deck and after all that I was able to get the car to start again.

I thought I burned out my deck because I was getting some power reading from the fuse for the radio but no action from the deck. I took it back to the store but they showed it to me and it was working. I then checked the ECU/Clock fuse under the hood and that turned out to be the culprit! I changed that fuse and I was able to get radio function again!

What's not happening at this point....

I'm able to drive the car again but certain things arern't working or cannot go back to:

-I have no reverse white light
-car wouldn't start with the ground harness installed
-no warning low gas light (gauge working just no warning light)
-very little heat from heater while driving (works great while idling)
-rust ( tahts always been a problem....booooo)

These are little issues but it be real nice to have those little things again, for now I cry:help:

1ajs
03-11-2007, 11:30 AM
no heat aww sure your heater is not fucked...

umm you got a manual trany or an auto? either the cable has come off on the trany or a balb is burnt out...

the no fuel light well the balb is burnt out

ground harness?

as for the rust get some pics

or give up and drive it to belize and sell it......