PDA

View Full Version : Making a JY Trip

Casanova23
03-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Well..in the next few days im going to the JY. Im a DX owner :thumbdn: but if any of you have any ideas of things I should look for or get if i come across them cause im very interested in knowing what I could take from another 3g that would be beneficial to put in my car. So plz lemme know people those of you with knowledge of priceless pieces that you've gotten from the JY

MessyHonda
03-13-2007, 07:49 AM
armrest, cupholders, rear se-i disk set up,oem fog lights and switch, window visors and 89 integra lips....they are one of the most common stuff you might be able to find in the junk yard...just keep your eyes open for stuff.

Pico
03-13-2007, 07:56 AM
add to the list sunroof visor

mkymonkey
03-13-2007, 08:06 AM
and if there's anything missing from your interior, or if you, like me, am missing the lil clip for the hood prop....get that too lol.

when i go to the jy i make a list to take with me. of lil things here and there missing from my car. i now have almost everything but the damn hood prop and a few clips here and there. so i say just take an inventory of anything thats missing

hikingmatt
03-13-2007, 08:11 AM
How much has anyone paid for the rear disk brakes at a JY?

2oodoor
03-13-2007, 08:17 AM
86-7 those pieces at both ends of the grill, on mine it looks like CF, one of mine is cracked.:)
88-9 models look different, still grey but different pattern.
clear lights or any lenses that may be in better condition than what you have, spoilers, aftermarket parts like CAI, weber carbs, headers, cool steering wheels, upgraded door speakers ....factory 6X9 rear speaker assemblys, multifunction switch assy out of steering column, rare factory options like oem equalizer for stereo

shepherd79
03-13-2007, 08:59 AM
if you are looking for your car get sway bars from 88-89 LXI. Since you have dx accord, you have smaller front sway bar and no rear sway bar.
LXi had bigger sway bars up front and rear.

skycam_313
03-13-2007, 09:22 AM
if you are looking for your car get sway bars from 88-89 LXI. Since you have dx accord, you have smaller front sway bar and no rear sway bar.
LXi had bigger sway bars up front and rear.

you just beat me shep....:sad2:

but trust me it makes a big difference and its not that hard.....

for the back one.:D

BITESIZE
03-13-2007, 09:23 AM
I need the bumper inserts that go where the stock fog lights go. It's the style of bumper with the clear housings.

skycam_313
03-13-2007, 09:25 AM
86-7 those pieces at both ends of the grill, on mine it looks like CF, one of mine is cracked.:)
88-9 models look different, still grey but different pattern.

86-87 have cross hatch....
88-89 have horizontal lines

skycam_313
03-13-2007, 09:27 AM
I need the bumper inserts that go where the stock fog lights go. It's the style of bumper with the clear housings.

read the thread buddy....

for himself not everyone:welcome:

BITESIZE
03-13-2007, 09:35 AM
read the thread buddy....
for himself not everyone:welcome:

Don't post about going to the junk yard without me wanting something in return. It's all about me ya know. :rockon:

skycam_313
03-13-2007, 09:43 AM
:D/\ this guy....

snoopyloopy
03-13-2007, 10:42 AM
i paid $232.xx for mine. i basically unbolted all the trailing arms and stabilizer bars and yanked the ebrake cables as well. i think it was the easiest way, but if you jy is really picky about what they'll charge for (like ecology was to me), you might do better to just pull the brakes themselves (entire hub assembly) as i hear the stabilizer bars and trailing arms are the same.

mkymonkey
03-13-2007, 10:54 AM

$121.xx thats without the trailing arms and the ebrake cables

hikingmatt
03-13-2007, 10:59 AM
So the trailing arms and the stabilizer bars should be the same? I would just need the the hub assb. and the breakes out?

Casanova23
03-13-2007, 01:01 PM
So much information...i thank everyone out there that has provided these very important list of things that i should get if i can. It's hard coming across se-i's though. If i were able to find one and get the se-i disc set up, i should take the whole thing right cause i hear you talkin bout ebrake cables and all that...see im what some may call a "noob" when it comes to vehicles. I have a fairly decent understanding of how parts on cars are set up and work but it seems everyone else knowledge is far greater than I lol

MessyHonda
03-13-2007, 05:47 PM
yeah cables are a must....mine were on a hatchback and now i put them on my sedan....i had to modify the bolt a bit so they would catch on faster....so far it works with out a hitch

Casanova23
03-14-2007, 10:28 PM
nice...well i'll keep everyone posted of what i come across on my next venture.