PDA

View Full Version : steering wheel

Casanova23
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Here's my problem. My steering wheel is off center for some reason. Everytime i align everything up right and the wheels and all and it appears its str8 it turns out to be totally the opposite. What gives? If i tighten the bolt down where the wheel is on str8 and my wheels are str8, then why when is it when i start to drive it'll be all outta wack and crooked. Im at a lost, someone plz help!!!!!

Blkblurr
03-16-2007, 05:55 AM
It is a mechanical link regardless if you have power steering or not. The steering coulpling to the rack connects at the pinion shaft of the rack. The pinion gear is engaged to the rack and the rack to the tie rod ends. The assist that the power steering provides helps to push the rack in addition to your own force. Removing the power steering belt and fluid will not help. I suspect you need a good 4 wheel alignment done by a reliable shop. After that put your steering wheel on straight once the car is pointed straignt.

87lxiaccord
03-16-2007, 08:01 AM
i just test drove mine everytime i put the wheel back on let the car drive straight and see how much the wheel is off by. Then try the next tooth and test drive it again until it's straight.

HondaBoy
03-16-2007, 11:49 AM
since the time i had my steering rack replaced my steering wheel was never strait until i did an alignment myself on it. but you'll need an alignment machine. that was my solution because i wasnt able to get it straitened out with whatever position i would place it in.