PDA

View Full Version : Security issue, not too thrilled.

mix4
03-16-2007, 11:45 PM
Well I was at work today and went out to my car to smoke and relax on my break. Ended up locking my keys in my car. A person I work with used another person I work with's keys from his 87 Accord and used some 'jiggle' effect until my lock popped. While happy I had access to my car without calling a locksman, I have been thinking all day about how damn easy it is to get into my car. I don't like it. There are shitloads of 3G Accords here, most are beat to shit, I have 1 of maybe 3 decent ones here. I was told by the guy that had the 87 keys 'well it wont work on the ignition', and I was like, well, they could hotwire the shit. Or take shit from inside, or pop the hood and take parts. Anyone know of this jiggle trick? Any way to prevent it? Other than an alarm, 'cause duh.

BITESIZE
03-16-2007, 11:49 PM
You worry too much. If someone wants to steal your car, they will break your window. Locks only keep honest people out. But honestly, worry about getting your car smashed into buy another car.

frantik
03-17-2007, 01:39 AM
There are shitloads of 3G Accords here, most are beat to shit, I have 1 of maybe 3 decent ones here

so then it's not likely a theif is going to be carrying a 3gee key since he's not going to be jacking many 3geez :D

shepherd79
03-17-2007, 06:30 AM
yeah, no one wants to steal 20 year old car unless you have nice rims or nice stereo. but even than they will probably brake the window to open the trunk from the inside or brake the window and hot wire. drive to some alley and take the rims off.

lostforawhile
03-17-2007, 06:45 AM
you need a way to disable your fuel and ignition system. then a key won't matter. I've also seen aftermarket high security locks,they are universal to fit japanese cars. they have the round center on the locks. I wish I could remember where I saw them. your other option is to put in electric locks that operate with the alarm,then get rid of the external key locks. you just need some sort of backup hidden mechanical system, in case of battery failure.

ChaseR
03-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Right now I am in the process of installing a switch that will control the flow of power to the fuel pump, the switch will be in a hidden location. I will post up a DIY when I get around to it. But its really easy to do.

MessyHonda
03-17-2007, 08:57 AM
yeah...at our last 3geez meet most of our keys worked on other peoples car....the more used the lock the easyer it was....like on geddys car he has like 271k and it was real easy... on mine they had to whiggle till they got it to open.

anyways im going to do the keyless mod after i get my alarm

2oodoor
03-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Yep, dicovered that looking thru junk yard cars,my key opens up most all 3geez

BITESIZE
03-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep, dicovered that looking thru junk yard cars,my key opens up most all 3geez

Sweet!! I had two hatches at the same time, and my key worked on each other.:bong: