PDA

View Full Version : Help With Crome

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I am New as hell to crome and i have some Q and before you ask i have read all i can find on crome . what the difference Low cam ignition and High cam ignition and the same for low cam and high cam fuel is that for vtec? maybe. I see some roms have and some dont this High/Low settings this would help me alot if some one can help.The bin that i am working with is 92-93 Pr4.

AccordEpicenter
03-18-2007, 04:50 PM
disable vtec and use the low cam maps

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-18-2007, 04:55 PM
disable vtec and use the low cam maps
I did that i just want to make sure i am doing it right:dunno:

EricW
03-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Just keep reading and you will catch on quick. I didn't have a clue what i was doing when i started using crome but after tuning my car for a week or two I felt a lot more confident in what i was doing. As long as you have a wide band it is quite easy.

I'm running a chipped p75 and the ostrich. I had my car roughly tuned in about 3 days of regular daily driving to and from work, which is about a 10min drive. I've been having problems with the wideband input into the ecu when data logging with crome and the voltage will just rise to 3.8v but I just tuned by watch the gauge and slowly adding more fuel in the cell i was running in.

Here's a couple of things that I found helpful when I was getting started.
http://www.xenocron.com/install/CromeGuide.htm
http://www.moates.net/zips/crome/Tuning%20with%20CROME%20v1.06.pdf

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Just keep reading and you will catch on quick. I didn't have a clue what i was doing when i started using crome but after tuning my car for a week or two I felt a lot more confident in what i was doing. As long as you have a wide band it is quite easy.
I'm running a chipped p75 and the ostrich. I had my car roughly tuned in about 3 days of regular daily driving to and from work, which is about a 10min drive. I've been having problems with the wideband input into the ecu when data logging with crome and the voltage will just rise to 3.8v but I just tuned by watch the gauge and slowly adding more fuel in the cell i was running in.
Here's a couple of things that I found helpful when I was getting started.
http://www.xenocron.com/install/CromeGuide.htm
http://www.moates.net/zips/crome/Tuning%20with%20CROME%20v1.06.pdf
But what the difference Low cam ignition and High cam ignition and the same for low cam and high cam fuel ?

EricW
03-18-2007, 06:47 PM
The "high" cam ignition and fuel is used if you have vtec. It only is used when vtec is engaged, that's why the maps begin at a high rpm. You don't need to bother with them unless you have vtec. Just disable them and you can set the rpm where in engages higher than your red line if you want a "fail safe" if for some reason the little check box gets accidentally checked.

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-18-2007, 07:20 PM
The "high" cam ignition and fuel is used if you have vtec. It only is used when vtec is engaged, that's why the maps begin at a high rpm. You don't need to bother with them unless you have vtec. Just disable them and you can set the rpm where in engages higher than your red line if you want a "fail safe" if for some reason the little check box gets accidentally checked.
That what i needed to know why i ask when i looked at some other bins the high" cam ignition and fuel where zeroed out but the PR4 bin was not it had them and it a none vtec ecu so i got confuse i wanted to rip out my hair out:rant: i read all i could find on crome and i could not find any thing about the high" cam ignition and fuel tables and what they were.

thegreatdane
03-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Yea it doesnt take long to become friends with Crome. Regardless you should use the latest version of crome (1.2.5) if you aren't already.

EricW, what A/F ratios are you running?

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-19-2007, 02:30 PM
Yea it doesnt take long to become friends with Crome. Regardless you should use the latest version of crome (1.2.5) if you aren't already.
I am useing crome 1.2 i tryed 1.2.5 but it dont come with the plugs and when i tryed to add them it would give me a error so i went back to 1.2 .thegreatdane whats your email and i will send you copy of the Bin that i made and you can tell me what you think if i on the right track or not.

EricW
03-19-2007, 04:35 PM

I haven't finished tuning yet but in the vacuum section area of the map I'm going to aim for 13-13.5 and in the boost portion about 12.5 or so. I haven't really read up on what my target A/F should be but that should be close.

speedpenguin
03-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Does Crome require using Windows? I'm planning on running it but I have a Mac.

EricW
03-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Does Crome require using Windows? I'm planning on running it but I have a Mac.

I believe you have to have windows. But you may want to go poke around the PGMFI forum (http://forum.pgmfi.org/)and see if you can find a definite answer.

speedpenguin
03-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Sounds like I'll have to find a cheap Windows box then.

EricW
03-20-2007, 08:10 AM

Yea, a lot of people find a cheap decent laptop so they can use it to data log while they drive, and not have to worry much with it getting beat around.

speedpenguin
03-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Do I need to actually be driving in order to tune properly or can I do it while the car is standing still?

MessyHonda
03-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Do I need to actually be driving in order to tune properly or can I do it while the car is standing still?

well if you have a buddy with you he can drive the car and you can tune it.

snoopyloopy
03-20-2007, 10:14 AM
yeah, you can probably pick up a laptop that will do the trick for ~$200 tops on ebay. and really, if you pay $200, that's probably more than enough laptop for tuning. you could also see if anyone has converted it to be able to run on a pda as those tend to be a bit cheaper.

thegreatdane
03-20-2007, 10:24 AM
I haven't finished tuning yet but in the vacuum section area of the map I'm going to aim for 13-13.5 and in the boost portion about 12.5 or so. I haven't really read up on what my target A/F should be but that should be close.

Until now I didnt realize you had gone turbo lol. That sounds reasonable. I'm at 13:1 at WOT. But that's n/a of course.

thegreatdane
03-20-2007, 11:39 AM
I am useing crome 1.2 i tryed 1.2.5 but it dont come with the plugs and when i tryed to add them it would give me a error so i went back to 1.2 .thegreatdane whats your email and i will send you copy of the Bin that i made and you can tell me what you think if i on the right track or not.

You can keep the plugins you just have to install 1.2.5 on top of 1.2 and if they are still missing you simply have to install them in the plugin manager in crome.
my email is: [email protected]

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-20-2007, 02:46 PM
You can keep the plugins you just have to install 1.2.5 on top of 1.2 and if they are still missing you simply have to install them in the plugin manager in crome.
my email is: [email protected]
email sent

TWOLOUDNPROUD
03-22-2007, 08:54 AM
thegreatdane did you have a chance to look at the bin yet?

thegreatdane
03-22-2007, 09:20 AM
No sorry I havent had time yet, I'll see if I can get a look at it tommorrow.