PDA

View Full Version : Leaky Sunroof

dr_chocolate513
03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey guys!! My sunroof leaks and it does not move at all. How can I repair this problem!! I hear the motor running when I move the switch but sunroof does not move!!

w261w261
03-19-2007, 07:12 PM
There is a way to move the sunroof manually....there's a crank that was supplied when the car was new. I assume it's closed now, so you probably want to deal with the leaks first. They result from clogged drains. Do a search for leak and sunroof. There are plenty of posts describing the problem and the fix. Learning to use the Search function will allow you access into the vast info on the site, and will keep others from repeating what's already been posted many times.

Pico
03-19-2007, 09:38 PM
You can open the sun roof manually, if you look on the roof right above the rear passenger seat their is a plug, pull that off and you'll see a allen type hole you can use the tool thats in your tool bag in the trunk or just use allen wrench to turn it to open the roof.
once thats open you can take a rag cover the drain holes with a rag and blow some air into it to unclog the drain lines.

Sabz5150
03-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Scooting this out of the EFI section into Technical :)

vongiese
03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
You can open the sun roof manually, if you look on the roof right above the rear passenger seat their is a plug, pull that off and you'll see a allen type hole you can use the tool thats in your tool bag in the trunk or just use allen wrench to turn it to open the roof.
once thats open you can take a rag cover the drain holes with a rag and blow some air into it to unclog the drain lines.

i'd be very careful using compressed air - you might disconnect some of the drain hose connections - like the one above the fuse box by the electric antennae - there's a "T" there where it connects to the drain for the antennae.....
Better to take off the front mudflaps and you'll see the drain line with a end cap that is suppose to keep critters out -these ends get clogged up with crud - pop off the end - clean it out and re-assemble. The rear ones require you to remove the interior side trunk panels to reveal the rear drain tubes.
It's worth the time to get them cleaned up and flowing properly.
good luck

dr_chocolate513
03-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Thanks for all of your help guys.