PDA

View Full Version : Music kicking out... alternater problems?

TdotWarrior
03-22-2007, 07:40 AM
ive been running 2 12 xplodz with a 1200watt Xplod amp and a separate pioneer amp to push my speakers in the car for about a year now and i havent had any problems yet..... recently ive noticed tht when i stop at a red light or if i drive the car for over like 20 mins my speakers inside will kick out n only the woofers will run..... once i take off from the light n the car gets power the sound n everything will come back in for about 10 minutes then it'll go again..... could this b that i need a new alternater becuz i dont have a capasitor???? :wtf:

sugestions pleassse i need this shit working cuz its gettin warm outside :rant:

BITESIZE
03-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Get a capacitor and new alternator. Also upgrade your engine grounds. Get an optima battery if you want optimal performance! Shit use an extra optima for even better performance (one for your car, one for you stereo).

Remember it's electricity. It flows better with better grounds and better power.

TdotWarrior
03-22-2007, 07:45 AM
how much u think a good alternater will run me $ ?

BITESIZE
03-22-2007, 07:48 AM
how much u think a good alternater will run me $ ?

Get a prelude one that cranks out more amps. About $150 i bet.

MessyHonda
03-22-2007, 04:55 PM
yeah you could of killed your alternator. according to monkey....caps dont do shit. the watts that really count is your RMS...how much are you pushing....i was puting 900 RMS for a while and it would dim the shit out of the lights. so i took out the system and sold it.