PDA

View Full Version : shit!!!!!!!fuck!!!!!!

Mantis88LX
09-07-2002, 07:36 PM
you guys arent gonna believe this, i turn onto the road my cousin lives on and was about to turn into his drive way, i was only going about 25 and deaccelerating with the brake on, i meant to change fron D2 to D4 biut it went all the way to R, my damn shifter doesnt lock right , and BAM! my front tires locked up and i slid a little and as soon as i stop i rev it a little and its like its in Neutral but really its in reverse so i change to park and rev it and i can hear a metal grinding like something is loose and bouncing around in the trans. i shut her off and pop the hood and just inspect everything, about 2 minutes later i crank her up and everything is fine, no grinding or nothing, well i park in there yard and inspect my CV joints and shit, and lucky i didnt rip them or anything, well my car sits there for about 2 and a half hours before i leave, and i leave out and holy shit my car runs alot bettter, i mean like its firmer on shifting amd it doesnt slip when going into 4th gear, i dont know its weird, but atleast nothin is fucked, im gonna change the fluid and shit in a few days just to be safe. man im glad i didnt damage anything. :super:

Mantis88LX
09-07-2002, 07:37 PM
ohh yea and the reason this is in technical is that i want to know what u guys think i should inspect that i may have damaged.

thanx

hondamanlxi
09-07-2002, 07:52 PM
drain your fluid and look for metal shavings

netfreak
09-07-2002, 08:34 PM
haha it fixed your tranny? lol I should try that

A20A1
09-07-2002, 08:56 PM
the metal shavings act like a heavier transmission fluid.

shepherd79
09-08-2002, 03:51 AM
change the fluid and filter. you will need to get Dexron II. that is what Haynes manual says.

YK86
09-08-2002, 04:05 AM
There is no tranny filter. And use genuine Honda ATF. By the way, if it's shifting better, shouldn't the title be "Yay! I'm so happy!" or something??