I have read the posts but didnt find out which fan to hard wire

there are 2 fans when the car gets to the high temp about 7/8 up on gage
the small fan comes on

i didnt think the big one comes on at all
but when i jump the switch it comes on i have had three switches put in
so decided to bypass the switch just not sure which one to hard wire

shepherd79
03-23-2007, 07:05 PM
why don't you just replace the fan switch on the bottom of your radiator. that will turn on the big fan.

jschatte
03-23-2007, 07:51 PM
a really ghetto way to jump "the big fan" is to stick a safety pin through both wires to the thermo switch on the bottom of the radiator. The fan will always be on once you turn your key to the II position

MessyHonda
03-23-2007, 10:25 PM
a really ghetto way to jump "the big fan" is to stick a safety pin through both wires to the thermo switch on the bottom of the radiator. The fan will always be on once you turn your key to the II position

that is what i did and i lost alot of MPG im geting like 24.....its too low for me....im replacing it ASAP now.

A18A
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
i was gonna do that when i got my parts car, but forgot to lol, ended up overheating the car, i coulda just taken the spare thermo switch though

Steve_Si
03-24-2007, 01:40 AM
I got a new thermoswitch which caused the fans to come on. It was still getting too hot though, turns out the thermostat wasn't letting much water through so no hot water was getting to the thermoswitch. Replaced the thermostat and now it never gets over 1/3 of the gauge. Anything over 1/2 is too much

wallacefan
03-24-2007, 05:45 AM
that sis the third one at 30 bucks a piece

88Accord-DX
03-24-2007, 08:06 PM
If you want to see if your getting a good sensor. Get a multimeter with ohms or continuity reading on it. Put the sensor in some water with some jumper wires attatched to it, put a themometer in the water..Start to boil the water while watching the thermometer. You should have a ohms (continuity) reading a little bit before the water starts to boil. (somewhere in 190-200 degree range) :)