PDA

View Full Version : My car is falling apart!

mix4
03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Well I pulled out of Walmart last night and as i came up to the stop sign let off the gas. The car went to WOT so I turned it off. After tearing walking back to Walmart to buy a few tools and tearing the air filter assembly off, I found that a peice off the side of the carb came off and fell just right to hold the throttle cable at WOT. I used a couple paper clips I had in my car and twisted them through the holes to hold the peice on just long enough to get home. What I'm wondering is how should this thing be set? I don't know what its called, but it came off the left side of the carb, it has a coil inside it and I wire coming out of it. It has a hole on the end of the coil inside that goes around a peice that goes to the air flap on the carb. Right now I have it screwed on dead in the middle of the adjustment, but now my car idles at 1500rpm. Where should I have it set? Hopefully this helps, I have no idea what the thing could be, looks like it somehow controls the air flap though. If I could find my Chilton I could tell you, but I have a gf that likes to move shit. :rant:

MessyHonda
03-23-2007, 02:28 PM
download the manual....i bet you can find it in one of the stickies

mix4
03-23-2007, 07:53 PM
The manual that is for download on this forum sucks, can someone help me out here?

paso100
03-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Here's a diagram from South Bay Honda and the link to their site. Go to the site and check it out. Anything look familiar?
http://www.hondapartscheap.com/southbay/jsp/prddisplay.jsp?hidSwitch=&hidIrno=&catcgry1=Accord&catcgry2=1989&catcgry3=4DR+LX&catcgry4=KL4AT&catcgry5=CARBURETOR&vinsrch=no&ListAll=&prdrefno=&act=&count=0&quantity=0
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/paso100/13se00_d06.gif

'89AccordLX(Rus)
03-23-2007, 08:37 PM
You are describing a choke heater. To reposition it correctly you need to line up the hash marks on the carburetor body and the heater. If you look closely, the mounting point on the carb will have a mark on top. Clean off any dirt on the cover edges and look for a matching stamped line. Once lined up you should be at factory setting again. HTH