PDA

View Full Version : Problem wid spark plugs

che3wy
03-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I have a problem wid my engine. its a a20a1 carb and i think its the spark plugs. the second one from the right is rattling around and im worried that it'll come loose and something bad will happen. is there anyway to fix it?

MessyHonda
03-26-2007, 11:28 AM
when i first got my car i drove it like that....and then the spark plug broke and the wire was zaping my header......it drove like shit....what i did was replace the spark plugs and wires....very easy...took like 20 mins

johnwc723
03-26-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah, changing the plugs is easy enough to do for sure, the hardest part for me was finding a damn socket to fit the plugs!

che3wy
03-27-2007, 01:59 PM
is there a how to or guide on this forum as to how to change the spark plug? i couldnt find one

Pico
03-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Just change the plugs one at a time so that you don't get the wires mixed up

A20A1
03-27-2007, 05:31 PM
hand tighten the plugs first... they should go in most of the way, then you can use the socket wrench to do the rest. if you strip the threads in your cylinder head you're have twice as much work to deal with.

Make sure you do it when the motor is cool.

also you might want to clean the area around the plug... just try not to drop anything into the hole.

hotdoghogie
03-27-2007, 05:34 PM
if u cant change the plugs... im sure u have a friend who knows how... u could just do it yourself...

get the plugs it says to in the manual... then take the plug and go to the parts store and get a socket deep enough that fits and u know like picopop said.... change one at a time

wildshovelbill_06
03-27-2007, 05:45 PM
hey if they are stripped they sell a easy fix that completly replaces the thread u can get it at napa

Blizzard
03-27-2007, 06:06 PM
Dont forget the anit-seize while your there.

MessyHonda
03-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Dont forget the anit-seize while your there.

:werd:

i had to use some last time i changed my plugs and hope it helps

LX-incredible
03-28-2007, 10:02 AM
I have a problem wid my engine. its a a20a1 carb and i think its the spark plugs. the second one from the right is rattling around and im worried that it'll come loose and something bad will happen. is there anyway to fix it?
Weird, when I got my car the same plug (#2) was loose. It was an easy fix, though I hate to think of the damage done to the threads.

ghettogeddy
03-28-2007, 10:34 AM
hahahaha one of mine was loose to it was so loud i thought it was a cv clicking lol

Cheeseburger
03-28-2007, 10:40 AM
that happen to me not to long ago. i was in a hurry so i put them in fast. 2 days later the car was runing right. it was missfireing lol

che3wy
03-28-2007, 11:16 AM
well i'll take a video clip of is soon so that to make sure its the spark plug thats the problem. its cu zi dont know my way around an engine bay and my buddy that usually helps me is outta town.

fr_pilot
04-05-2007, 08:59 PM
i've had my honda accord for about 2years now and i really love this car. it is my daily driven car and its very comfortable and can take turns pretty fast. but it is time for a tune-up because i gotta smog the car. anyways im looking for spark plugs but i am not sure which is best. theres iridium, platinum, etc, etc. what would you guys recommend for fuel economy, if it in fact changes it. what do you guys use and why?

MessyHonda
04-05-2007, 09:07 PM
i've had my honda accord for about 2years now and i really love this car. it is my daily driven car and its very comfortable and can take turns pretty fast. but it is time for a tune-up because i gotta smog the car. anyways im looking for spark plugs but i am not sure which is best. theres iridium, platinum, etc, etc. what would you guys recommend for fuel economy, if it in fact changes it. what do you guys use and why?

if you have to smog....use some seafoam...it helped me smog my car...and it passed...i would just stick with NGK v-power they are cheap at like 1.80 a piece.

fr_pilot
04-05-2007, 09:15 PM
if you have to smog....use some seafoam...it helped me smog my car...and it passed...i would just stick with NGK v-power they are cheap at like 1.80 a piece.

i think i'll pass without the seafoam. the car has been needing a tune up for a while and it is time. im hoping that i will get better fuel economy after doing this. i'll take your advice and go with NGK V-Power for sures, THANKS!!! :)

MessyHonda
04-05-2007, 09:20 PM
i think i'll pass without the seafoam. the car has been needing a tune up for a while and it is time. im hoping that i will get better fuel economy after doing this. i'll take your advice and go with NGK V-Power for sures, THANKS!!! :)

dude...i have a low mile...(jdm) engines and tranny swaped into it....with a rebuilt carb(got it tuned alright but still a lil rough) i got the high end bolsh 4+ with the accel 8mm cables...K&N air filter,oil change, both fuel filters..and it did not pass....we tried like 4-5 times..even swaped out carbs....i was ready to give up on it. but then i seafoamed it and it passed.

btw :welcome: to the site

fr_pilot
04-05-2007, 10:01 PM
thanks for the welcome! i hope it passes smog on the first try. i'll try sea foam but i am unsure on how to use it. how much should i pour down in the carb? what does it exactly do?

my other car is a nissan 240sx that im building for Club ITA. the honda accord saves me a lot of gas and its very comfortable to drive, i love it.