PDA

View Full Version : Car Dead

Fuzy Navel
03-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Ok I had a thread up about the tenisoner thingy well today i replaced tenisoner and oil pump both felt, sound and looked fine oil pumps lobes or whatever where worn alittle and had some very small scratches on the surface of it and my timing belt cover had cuts in here wear the belt has been rubbing it and torn it.... Well I started it up still clicking/knocking so I was gonna just drive it to a shop well about on my way there it died 3 times everytime i pressed clutch in and 4th time i tried to start it it didnt start and had this REALLY loud freakin knocking/ metal hitting metal sound I think it threw a rod bearing... I know the timing was perfect because i have done it a couple times and know where the marks are and blah blah so i dont think a valve went threw a piston because it would still rotate but makes a loud noise in the bottum..... So tommrow gonna get it towed to a honda shop i just hope it didnt damage the crank shaft

Vanilla Sky
03-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd put money on the timing being off, honestly. You may be loking at a new engine, or a rebuild. Where are you located, again? If you were closer, I have 2 running engines, and I'd cut you a deal on one to get you back on the road.

Fuzy Navel
03-28-2007, 05:28 AM
not timing... I went back today on my way by it and well it started but fuckin bad bad bad hollow knocking noise in the oil pan.... this afternoon im going out there to take oil pan off to see if i can fix it or take it to the shop... i will take pics if its something juicy and really nasty lol

Oldblueaccord
03-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Sounds pretty bad. Maybe a broken piston skirt and all. I would guess you could find a motor used cheaper then a rebuild if you need to save money.

wp