PDA

View Full Version : Got my supercharger in

mastaofdisasta
03-28-2007, 01:15 PM
well not really, but i figured that would get yall to look at this thread. My buddy bought one of those electric "supercharger" that claims to add 30hp. (im very skeptical) but he paid bout 200 for it and decided no to put it on his firebird, so he sold it to me for 25 bucks. I put it in just for the hell of it but im gettin the feeling it is restricting me more than it is helping ya know? Im considering taking it out today and just throwing on a new air filter instead. Sooo should i leave it on or take it off. Like i said i dont actually believe it adds 30hp it was just smething to do when i was bored. I also think it looks cheesy in the engine bay...

Versanick
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I think they're junk. I haven't heard anything good about them. I'd get a K&N. They're like $53 at Advance, depending on application, but you'll have it forever. Including for the next 3g you'll inevitably own.

mastaofdisasta
03-28-2007, 01:19 PM
sounds good to me, but like i said for 25$ i couldnt pass it up... for now im just gonna throw on the filter that came with the "supercharger" til next pay, it hasnt been used since i used my weapon r filter with the "supercharger"

Chef Boyardee
03-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I actually saw flowcharts for those things a while back and it did exactly what you suspect, restrict alot of air. They tested one on a Maxima and it actually made less horsepower than it did without it.

MessyHonda
03-28-2007, 04:57 PM
lol....that sucks....i dont get how it works....it keeps blowing air into the engine....or is it like speed sensitive and like blow more air at high RPMs

mastaofdisasta
03-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I think it blows the same amount in the engine no matter what, buuuut i just took mine off and put a new filter in, i feel better about myself already, i also took out all my neons inside and put back the stock cupholder and ashtray

MessyHonda
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
I think it blows the same amount in the engine no matter what, buuuut i just took mine off and put a new filter in, i feel better about myself already, i also took out all my neons inside and put back the stock cupholder and ashtray

maybe you can sell it on ebay to a ricer and at least make your money back.